Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up service fee

Jo_o
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I recently received the first bill of my mobile plan and just wonder why the service fee isn't waived as it was communicated by the sales when I apply for the mobile and home internet plan over phone call. Is there anyway I can understand further why the service fee isn't waived? Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

MS1986

Hello, I switched from roger to Fido. Everything looks good but there are couple of issues.

1. Agent never told on set up charges.

2. When I got the contract copy it showed step charges and I again called customer service. They told they you can call again once you get your first bill and we will waive off.

3. When I chay with  customer service agent was so adamant to listen my view. I kept on asking to refer to the conversation. But She did not and left the chat in between. I am not sure how to get this resolved.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @MS1986

I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to get the answers you were looking for,

As mentioned in the solution, the setup transaction fee is not charged when you complete your transaction on Fido.ca. It's usually billed when you complete the transaction with an agent in store or on the phone.

With that being said, store do have some promotions from time to time and we can take a closer look at your account to better assist you. To get started, you can reach out to us at these channels.

coolspot
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

The setup fee is such a money grab.

If the fee is waived by the agent, you have to call in after your first bill to get it waived.

Total hassle.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Jo_o,

Welcome to the community!

The only way the fee is waived is when you do the registration yourself on fido.ca, with that being said sometimes they have promotions where they would waive the fee if you do it through a store or customer service with these promotions the fee usually gets credited back on your second or third invoice.

Wait for your third invoice and if the fee is not credited back then I would suggest you contact customer service.