cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rates for seniors

Nance
I'm a participant level 2
An aging population where the majority now have cell phones and living on fixed incomes
How about having rate plans for 55 or 60+ with options of diff pricing for calling only, data etc...
I don't see this with any other Carrier promoting this?
8 REPLIES 8

Ly14
I'm a participant level 1

I'm with fido

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

google the solution or message will be blocked. ask your younger friends or their kids or grand kids

just get prepaid plans look at other carriers as well. make sure phone is unlocked and can use with most carriers. if u get smart phone make sure at least 4gb ram u will be good to go. u have two choices. get talk and txt plan. or use data to call others

BKD

Really FIDO? 55+ is senior for a lot of Canadian citizens and 60+ definitely is.  It should be with shame that you refuse to have plans to assist those who now need to rely on cell phones as the only form of communication. SO many are  on fixed (below poverty incomes) and/or disabled and just trying to have some dignity. An opportunity to talk - text unlimited with family, friends and doctors is a necessity in this day and age.  

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Welcome to the Community @BKD 

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to share it.

Although we don't have senior citizen rates, we work hard to provide the best options possible at affordable cost Smiley

As KAPABLE-K already mentionned, we also have a good selection of prepaid plans giving a lot more liberty when it comes to usage and pricing. 

Don't hesitate to head over here for our monthly options as well.

Cheers!

Hey @johnpaulca

Thank you for your suggestion. We'll make sure to pass it along to the appropriate team.

johnpaulca

I will save you on your hard work. Let's start with a 50% for seniors...see that was easy!

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Nance,

Welcome to the community!

Having a special discount for senior citizens dosen't sound like a bad idea but I would not consider a 55yr old a senior citizen. 

A senior citizen most likely will not use a cell phone that often and might benefit more from using a pay as you go plan.

Fido also offer talk and text only plans see here.

Maisie1

So maybe not 55+ but as pointed out surely 60+ considered seniors.  Suggesting Pay as you go plans as a solution is at Best an evasion tactic.  Asking an aging population to monitor this option is insulting.  Why can you not offer 3 to 5gb plans with unlimited Canada wide talk and text plans for $15.00 to $20.00/month range?  You would get a large segment of the senior population on board.  And you would still be making a profit!