Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number in with online ordering

chemistua
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi all!

I am currently having one line with Fido (with iPhone 7 Plus for another 12 months)

Decided to port my number in from another carrier and want to save on activation fees.

How will the porting process look like?

Is this order os the steps correct?

1. Log in into My account.

2. Shop for the plan (BYOD)

3. Buy the plan

4. Wait for the SIM to be delivered.

5. Call Fido to port the number.

P.S. Since this will be the second line on my account will a new plan be eligibible for 10% discount?

P.P.S. I am moving out of the province and will be changing phone number on the plan with iPhone 7 plus (12 months left on the term). Will the ystem find a similar (in terms of airtime, data amount and price) plan in this case?

Thanks ahead!

13 REPLIES 13

pettiebage
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hey Fido forum.

I too ordered a phone from Fido - I have selected the SIM and port my own number option.

It will be the only phone on my plan once I get it.  For now, my other phone is with Rogers.

Once I get the new phone with the SIM that I had ordered with it, do I call customer service to properly port the number?  is there a charge if I do that?  I want to avoid charges.

Please advise.

Hey there @pettiebage

Your Fido line will be activated as soon as the SIM card is delivered. You should be receiving an email with the tracking number as well.

Please note that your Rogers number will remain active until you contact us for the port in. This is to ensure a smooth transition while keeping your services active and with no disruption.

Have you already received your Fido SIM? If so, you can reach out to us immediately on these channels and we'll complete the port in with you. There's no charge for that change.

FidoKenny

Hello @chemistua

That's right, you can contact us once you receive your sim card. From there, we will request the port-in for you.

You will also be eligible for the 10% discount on our current in market plans.

Once you move, the plan won't change automatically. You will need to contact us to take care of this. From there, we will go over our available plans with you.

Hope this helps.

moontune
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Good luck with the porting. I tried and they actually told me to pick up a sim card from the store to port within 2 hours. That was Friday. 

We've got you, @moontune! No need to worry. Smiley

We replied to you in PM. Talk to you soon. 

moontune
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

What do you mean? I have been waiting since last Friday.

Hey @moontune

I see that we sent you a PM yesterday. You didn't receive anything on your end?

chemistua

So I've been trying to order a SIM. Logged in to My Account, picked up the planbut for some reason the system did not allow me to go through.

I think I'll try to order it online a few more times and if it doesn't go through my money will go to competitors

Hey @chemistua 

Let me help you with that.

I'm sending you a PM now.

Talk to you soon.

chemistua

Hi there!

It has been 3 days since a new line was added to my account but I did not receive any email with the tracking number. It is becoming more and more frustrating. First, I was charged 30 dollars for the activation of the second line. Second, the card has not been sent yet (as of May 09, 2018) - at least the tracking number was not emailed. However, my billing cycle has started three days ago (so, basically, I would need to pay for the days I did not use the services).

If I only knew that it takes that long I would have activated one of yours competitor's SIM card.

Very disappointed!

Hey there @chemistua!

I'm sorry to read that. Sad

It can usually take between 2 to 4 business days for an order to be received. Did you get a chance to check your spam and junk folders to see if the email was redirected there by error?

The $30 transaction fee is applicable for hardware upgrades and new activations. I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at your billing cycle together. 

chemistua

I've checked the tracjing number sent via PM and it shows that the SIM has been delivered to the nearest Canada Post office.

Thanks for providing me with the tracking number, though I don't understand whe it has not been emailed...

We'll have that looked into, it was our pleasure to help! Very_Happy