Plans for smart watches

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 Smartwatch
I'm a Participant Level 2

Plans for smart watches

Hi Fido,

Do you have a plan for stand alone Smartwatches already? Bell has it already!

I am using Fido and want to buy a smartwatch. 

Please let me know when Smartwatch plan might be awailable. 

Thank you in davance.  

Accepted Solution

Re: Smartwatch. Shared plan.

Hey @Shawn2!

You can definitely connect your Apple Watch to your iPhone via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi but not the LTE network as it's not something we'll be carrying. We are constantly reviewing our device line-up, however, at this time we will not carry any Apple Watch on Fido. We always want our customers to have the best offers possible and we offer many great services here at Fido. We always try to offer you the best value with competitive plans, tons of extra services like Fido Roam, Fido Xtra and 5 extra hours of data!

That said, the original question from @Smartwatch on this thread was regarding Smart watches for kids, and that is something that can be used on our network (as long as the watch takes a physical SIM card). To do so, one can get any data-only plan or a talk, text, and data plan and use it with the smart watch. The type of plan needed does depend on the watch as some make calls and will require a talk and text plan.

I hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 26
I'm Experienced Level 2
I'm Experienced Level 2

@FidoFrancois  I understand that but my question is why wont apple launch apple watch plans when they already have e-sim technology and the ability to activate e-sim!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 26
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 Cds2

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately it doesn't answer my question.

I can figure out the plan options, and accept responsibility for things that don't work correctly.

Do you have the capability of activating my Samsung Galaxy watch that contains an esim?

Thank you in advance

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 26
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Cds2,

Welcome to the community!

I don't think anyone can answer your question as it probably hasn't been tried on a Galaxy watch. If you are willing to try and accept responsibility if things don't work properly, you can try to activate the eSIM. It would have to be done at a Fido Corporate store. Perhaps these threads, here and here, might help as well.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 26
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 Cds2

Thank you, I will try at corporate location and report back here.

Chris

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 24 of 26
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 willharden68
I'm a Participant Level 1

any word on the e-sim activation for the LTE Galaxy watch ?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 25 of 26
Highlighted

Hey @willharden68

At this time we don't support eSIM on non-certified devices, since the LTE Galaxy watch is not a device we support, we can't guarantee that all features will work as intended, we can't offer tech support nor offer specific plans for your device. This could result in unexpected billing or functionality issues. 

Hope this answers your question.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 26 of 26