Plans for smart watches

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 Smartwatch
I'm a Participant Level 2

Plans for smart watches

Hi Fido,

Do you have a plan for stand alone Smartwatches already? Bell has it already!

I am using Fido and want to buy a smartwatch. 

Please let me know when Smartwatch plan might be awailable. 

Thank you in davance.  

Accepted Solution

Re: Smartwatch. Shared plan.

Hey @Shawn2!

You can definitely connect your Apple Watch to your iPhone via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi but not the LTE network as it's not something we'll be carrying. We are constantly reviewing our device line-up, however, at this time we will not carry any Apple Watch on Fido. We always want our customers to have the best offers possible and we offer many great services here at Fido. We always try to offer you the best value with competitive plans, tons of extra services like Fido Roam, Fido Xtra and 5 extra hours of data!

That said, the original question from @Smartwatch on this thread was regarding Smart watches for kids, and that is something that can be used on our network (as long as the watch takes a physical SIM card). To do so, one can get any data-only plan or a talk, text, and data plan and use it with the smart watch. The type of plan needed does depend on the watch as some make calls and will require a talk and text plan.

I hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 10
Moderator (inactive) FidoRachel
Moderator (inactive)

Hi there! 

While we don't offer plans for smart watches, you can still purchase one (non-cellular or LTE compatible) and use it with your Fido phone via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi

For now I can only say that we're always revising and updating our services, keep an eye on our website for any upcoming changes! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 10
I'm a Participant Level 2 Smartwatch
I'm a Participant Level 2

HI FidoRachel,

Thanks for the info. But I need stand alone watch for my kid. In this case I cannot use it with my phone. 

Do you have any info on when smartwatch plans might be awailable? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 10
I'm a Participant Level 1 Shawn2
I'm a Participant Level 1

Fido is owned by Rogers... They both run on the same networks and the same cell phone towers. Rogers supports the apple watch 3 cellular: https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/apple-watch

This has to be a joke at this point. Its been out for a year already. How does Fido not support this? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 10
Solution

Hey @Shawn2!

You can definitely connect your Apple Watch to your iPhone via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi but not the LTE network as it's not something we'll be carrying. We are constantly reviewing our device line-up, however, at this time we will not carry any Apple Watch on Fido. We always want our customers to have the best offers possible and we offer many great services here at Fido. We always try to offer you the best value with competitive plans, tons of extra services like Fido Roam, Fido Xtra and 5 extra hours of data!

That said, the original question from @Smartwatch on this thread was regarding Smart watches for kids, and that is something that can be used on our network (as long as the watch takes a physical SIM card). To do so, one can get any data-only plan or a talk, text, and data plan and use it with the smart watch. The type of plan needed does depend on the watch as some make calls and will require a talk and text plan.

I hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 10
I'm a Participant Level 3 AtomX
I'm a Participant Level 3

Why won't you carry Apple Watch on FIDO? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 10

Hey @AtomX

We're always reviewing our line-up to ensure our customers have awesome offers and device to use. At this time, the Apple Watch is not a device Fido will carry but we do suggest you keep an eye out on Fido.ca for our latest products and services.

That said, check out my reply above for some additional information. You can always get a watch from Apple and use it on our network Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 10
I'm a Participant Level 3 AtomX
I'm a Participant Level 3

>> That said, check out my reply above for some additional information. You can always get a watch from Apple and use it on our network Smiley 

Uhm... nope. I can NOT use it on your network.

I can only use it on MY network... by connecting the watch to my phone's wifi and bluetooth signal... that's not your network.

Saying I can use it on your network is like saying if I buy wireless headphones, I can use them connect them to my phone and use them on your network.

The whole POINT is that Rogers does NOT allow the watch on the FIDO network...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 10
I'm a Participant Level 1 bmmurray
I'm a Participant Level 1

A  Fido client for many years (decades) - am not satisfied with LTE (non coverage by Fido ) for smartwatches! I will transfer my business to another company soon if Fido does not make this service available.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 10

Hey @bmmurray!

I've moved your post here as it deals with a similar topic Smiley

Our LTE network does work with Smartwatches as long as they take a physical SIM card. The type of plan you need to take does depend on the watch features though (for example, if you need calls or not)

You can check out our plans here and if you have questions let the Community know.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 10