cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number change online

Alicia93
I'm a participant level 1

Is there a way to change my phone number online? If so can someone help me how? If not can I go in? I need to change it asap!

57 REPLIES 57

Saad4
I'm a participant level 2

Change my number

Hello Saad4,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, do you have pre-paid or post-paid services? Also, are you wishing to change your number to one available in a different calling area (ie changing Provinces)?

If you are only wishing to change your number to a different number with the same area code and location designation, you should be able to do so yourself via your My Account --> View Usage & Manage. On your Dashboard, the option to Change your phone number is near the bottom under Quick Actions.

On the other hand, if you have pre-paid services or are wanting to change local calling areas you may need to contact customer service. With pre-paid services, you might need to do so in-store as verification information associated with those accounts is limited. If you are changing Provinces, you should note that you might also need to change your plan as well since the different Provinces may have differing plans.

It should be noted that you will unlikely be able to regain your old phone number if you have second thoughts following the change. You should also note that there may be a fee associated with a local number change if assisted by customer service (see here).

You should note this forum is community-driven and not intend as a venue for customer services. We would not have access to your account. If you would like assistance with a number change, you would need to contact customer service . In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. 

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

vaanutimaya

Hey If I "Change my number" what happens to the calls made to the old number...will I still able to receive calls from people who are trying to reach me via the old number/will they get redirected to the new number or will I completely loose those calls?

Hello Vaanutimaya,

I replied to your other post here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Ali84

hello i’m asking if i can have a phone number 

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Ali84

Welcome to the community Smiley

As mentioned earlier in this thread, you can change your existing phone number online on Fido.ca. To better assist you though, can you please clarify your request?

Are you looking to change an existing number to a new one, or are you looking to activate a new line? Let us know!

Gagantamna88

Where i can change ny phone number on fido.ca

Hey @Gagantamna88! Welcome to the Community. You have reached the right place for help.

Changing your phone number is very simple simple and can be down quickly. You simply need to Click on View Usage & Manage right behind the number you want to change for. Scroll down to QUICK ACTIONS and click on Change my number. Select the Province and City for the number, then click FIND AVAILABLE NUMBERS. You'll be given a list of numbers to choose from. Choose one, then click on Select Number. Follow the on screen prompts to complete the phone number change process. 

If you require more assistance with the change, you can refer to the following link for more information on how to change your phone number. If you require more assistance, you can always reach out to us via one of our support channels and we'll be there to help you 🙂.

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @Gagantamna88 

From my account section available at Fido.ca. Select the phone line, and change phone number.

Have a nice day Smiley

Parisdaisy

Hi I have a problem when trying to change my phone number online too... I logged in and went Service- Mobile- but there’s no link about changing my phone jumber. Only a link for changing call display name. I tried with Google Chrome, Internet Explores and Safari. Could anyone please help me?

Hey Parisdaisy!

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer looking into this with you. Smiley 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@Alicia93 To change your phone number , you will need to log into My account  then click on the number you want to change on the next page right beside your phone number you will see Change my number click on that and follow the instructions.

malcham

I need a new number

Hey malcham! 

Do you mean that you need to change your phone number? 

You can easily change your phone number, free of charge, in My Account under the Services tab. 

You can find everything you need to know about the impacts of changing your phone number here

Let us know if you have any questions about the process. 

Michigan

I have met the same problem. I have tried four different browsers. "Change number" link is hidden and is reachable only from "site map" page.

Direct link is 

https://www.fido.ca/pages/#/my-account/change-phone-number

Hey @Michigan,

Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing the direct link with all the others, it's greatly appreciated Smiley

As for the link available on your Fido.ca profile you should be able to find it by going to Overview > Selecting the Fido number you wish to change > On the top of the page the link "Change my number" should be available.

Hope this helps.

Michigan

Also can't change the phone number. Got message "OH-OH! Some error occurred. Please try again later."

Trying to change number from Quebec to Ontario.

Different browsers give the same result.

Hello Michigan,

Welcome to the community!

It's possible you're getting that error message because you'll likely have to also change your plan since you've moved Provinces. The plans are associated with the phone numbers and it's not possible to keep a plan from one Province if the number is not from that same Province (see here).

If you would like to keep your plan, you'll have to keep your Quebec phone number. However, if you would still like to change your phone number, you might consider contacting customer support so they can also change your plan. As far as I'm aware, there shouldn't be any charge for phone number changes if you move Provinces (see here).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hey @Michigan

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

Since you currently have a Quebec number , that would also mean you have a Quebec plan. We'd need to put you on the right plan before the number could be changed.

Sending a PM your way to get this sorted out Smiley

deepak111
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I went to my accounts and change my number, I was even able to choose number as I hit change number its says it was unable to change, any solutions?