cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone is out of stock

Jing1028
I'm a participant level 3

Sorry my English is not my first language so I used the translation told what happened with fido today I m so disappointed 

I found that the price of my mobile phone plan has increased to $56 and 4 GB. Calls and texts are free without international long-distance and accidental disconnection, so I plan to change the plan or change the company. On August 1, I only need $40.15 to get the same plan.  Later, the customer service recommended a contract machine with a 2-year plan. A refurbished iPhone 12mini256G only needs 2 years and 45/month with the same content and additional traffic, 0 down payment and 0 month supply. I happily decided on this plan.  As a result, I waited until August 24 to call fido and said that the phone needs to wait for a few more weeks, so I said no problem, just wait.  As a result, I called the customer service yesterday and asked that why I didn’t get the mobile phones . The customer told me no phone anymore because it was out of stock. I didn’t get the phone!She also said that this was not the first time she had been complained by the customer.   I don’t have it, she asked the supervisor then told me I have to accept the result or go to the store to sign for another mobile phone or buy it...  if I didn’t accept the result, the front desk would submit a complaint and force the background manager to process it and reply within 4 days. Today  I get a call ,The manager of fido told me

2CBA2BBC-6366-458E-B95F-690319CA5BDD.jpeg

that I don't have the machine anymore, and asked me to pay to sign a new contract to cancel the mobile phone order. I said no . She said that the mobile phone and the contract are separate. Although I signed the contract because of the mobile phone, she told me that the plan can continue to be implemented or restore my original plan of $564GB, but the phone is gone, I have to accept the result ! no I will not accept it!

8 REPLIES 8

Jing1028

thank you for reply . but there are very important things is that day I have 2 choices : same plan  $40.15/month without phone or $45/month with phone!  But the Until now I get $45/m without phone ! This is fido give me the result!

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Jing1028!

Welcome to the Community Smiley

It's important to note that your monthly service (monthly plan) which gives you access to making calls, texts and using data is separate from your phone's financing.

What puts you on a contact with us is when a phone is financed over 2 years. That being said, your monthly services will be billed as usual for the service you're using during that period. So when you finance a phone, your bill will include your monthly plan's cost + the device financement. Otherwise, you're only paying for your monthly plan if you're not on a contract.

In other words, though the sale of the device has not been completed yet, we're currently selling you the service (your monthly plan) we're providing. If your order has not been shipped yet, I sincerely apologize about the delay and we do invite you to reach out to us so we can review the situation.

Hope this helps!

Jing1028

Thank you for explaining alot. Finally I got the point is that  Even though I signed up for a cell phone and it came with a 2 year cell phone contract, finally I got the plan without iPhone is very reasonable 

Lindkr
I'm a contributor level 2

Exactly, Saad:

that's why I decided to do 'bring your own phone'.

if I got a phone through Fido, the iPhone 14 Max 128GB is $936.74 after tax for 24 months. 

Now, the phone costs closer to $1600, so that's why you get the plan options they give you, when my last plan was only $41.25, before tax. Figure out the total for that plan, and your plan for two years, with tax, and the difference. Now to be fair, the subsidized cost is better than it use to be, thanks to changes that limit contracts.

Still, I find there is an intrinsic value in being able to shop around and go to any provider you wish. Also, I got AppleCare through apple and paid the cost up front. If you sell your phone before the AppleCare is up, you can ask to speak to AppleCare Agreement Asministration and get a prorated refund.

Finally, what credit card did you use to buy your phone? Check the details: most credit cards will only cover non subsidized phones, or portions not subsidized, so that actually works like it's own protection plan, if you buy it outright. The AppleCare plan thru Fido is $15.99 a month before tax. 

AppleCare from apple is actually only $12.49/mth., so I would want to know, why does Fido charge more? And do they give a portion back, based on the repairs you do get?

Finally, google 'airmiles shop' and log in if you have airmiles before you order from Apple, you'll get Airmiles for your purchase.

So perhaps you can see why I don't get a phone from the provider, shop around and find the best fit for you!

Hello Lindkr,

Welcome to the community!

Thank you for sharing your reasoning behind your decision to choose bring your own phone plans. However, it should be clarified that Fido has switched from their subsidised plans to a financed Payment Program for a couple of years now. With the new model, the cost of devices is separate from the plan costs. If you still have a grandfathered subsidised plan, you should note that it won't likely be compatible with the new payment program. Should you ever choose to finance a device, you would need to switch to a newer plan.

I am not seeing from where you took your values for that device. However, it's possible the $936.74 is after bill credit. On many of the devices, Fido is offering a monthly bill credit to offset the cost of devices. However, the cost of devices are not actually reduced.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Lindkr

But why do you guys charge for the AppleCare plan, more than Apple does? Gee, is that for the amazingly wonderful customer service?

Also, let's not forget, the CRTC changed the rules to limit contracts, right. Don't act like the cell phone companies had been visited by the ghost of mobile past, present and future, and somehow grew into something better than you were the night prior.

thanks for perspective, as opposed to facts. Smiley

Hello again,

Firstly, as mentioned in my reply to your other post here, I don't actually work for Fido.

Yes, the CRTC changed the rules to limit contracts. However, that has nothing to do with the change from the old subsidised plans to Fido's Payment Program. Fido's subsidised plans also abided by the CRTC's contract rules.

With regards to device protection, their option for Apple devices is not AppleCare+. Rather, their Premium Device Protection for Apple features AppleCare Services (see here). Fido's device protection is provided by Likewize. One difference between the two offerings is that AppleCare+ does not cover loss or theft (see here). On the other hand, the Premium Device Protection does include loss or theft for devices other than AppleWatch (excludes Québec). You can view any other differences for yourself.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Lindkr

To be clear, most credit cards will cover accidental damage outside of your phone warranty, for the non subsidized portion, only.