cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Upgrade and Plan Change

iamthemountain
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

My plan has ran out so I'm looking to change a few things. Can I change my plan and do the free upgrade at the same time? It is only giving me the one option. I'm trying to work out if it is worth me staying with Fido or switching to a cheaper provider. Thanks.

22 REPLIES 22

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

the best way is to look at the pricing.

i.e. outright (simfree non contract) flagship phone is about $1000 divide by 24 payments via credit card = $42 ish including interest,

add your base plans i.e. $35 , total per month is $77, this option gives you the ability to change plans at anytime.

mid range is about $800/24 month = $33 ish, plus $35 = $68

it is your choice, 

or be like me Wifi hunter , $0 data, discontinued talk and txt plan i.e. $25/m, so i have an glorified s9+, my friends think i am weird with an flagship no data, ( i did get my flagship at samsung no contract), just use the Fido sim

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Upgrade my device via Fido.ca still only shows Pick a new plan. Where is the Keep existing plan option? This disappeared since Cyber Monday. Please forward this technical issue to back office. Thank you!

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @nick67! Thanks for posting Smiley

We are aware that the option to keep your plan may not be available in certain cases and we're working on fixing that ASAP.

If you're affected and you're looking to upgrade your device please don't hesitate to reach out and we'll manually do the upgrade for you! 

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Thank you @FidoNick for confirming this is known technical glitch with Fido and it is currently being addressed. I did miss out purchasing the iPhone XR for $549 on a Medium plan Cyber Monday because of this glitch. Please encourage your sales/promotion department to please to make a similar discount in the coming weeks or if Fido can manually adjust my device upgrade for me and match is at $549 again...Thanks for your consideration and support Smiley

Hey @nick67

Some of these promotional offers and pricings have now expired and we cannot apply them retroactively. That being said I'll be sure to forward your feedback to the right people! Smiley 

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

@FidoPierre, I was ready to upgrade my device to an iPhone XR 64GB for $549 on my existing Medium plan, but could not complete my order online on Cyber Monday due to the above "technical glitch" only allowing customers to 'Pick a new plan' option. Now the device is +$100 more at $649. Not a good customer service experience due to a Fido technical glitch...I hope this gets resolved shortly.

Thank you for clarifying @nick67

I see here that we had already sent you a PM so we can further look into this with you. Can you reply to our latest PM so we can continue checking this out together? 

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

I received a pm from @FidoPamela Tuesday morning asking me to fill out an authentication form...I filled out the form and replied to FidoSolutions explaining my situation...haven't received a reply since.

That's odd. I just replied to the other PM you just sent. 

We'll continue there. Smiley 

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

@FidoPierre, thank you once again for your private message Smiley Do we have any update when we can expect the Keep existing plan will return when performing device upgrades online? Still only shows Pick a new plan when I checked today. Thank you...I hope this glitch is fixed soon!

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @nick67

No news for now! 

We'll keep you posted.

Hey everyone!

Just a heads up that this was fixed and keeping your plan while doing an upgrade on Fido.ca is now fully functional Smiley

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @iamthemountain,

Welcome to the community Smiley

You can complete both online on Fido.ca. Having the upgrade done through the self-serve option will also enable you to save on the $35 transaction fee.

For any assistance with the process or if you have any question account related, I would advise you to send us a PM/DM on Facebook or Twitter so we can look into it together. You can also reach out to us though these channels. Alternatively, we can send you a PM here.

Let us know if you have any questions.

mdp123
I'm a participant level 2

Hi there,

Same question here, but the previous reply didn't answer it...

I am attempting to upgrade my phone, and change the plan to one a higher level where the phone is on a tab, however, after selecting the telephone, the plan option does not function. See snap shot below bottom right corner. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 8.31.08 PM.png

Does this mean that before upgrading the telephone, if the plan is different (higher level), I must first change my plan, and then go back and upgrade the telephone?

Thank you for confirming.

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

You can definitely upgrade your device and choose a new monthly plan in one transaction. I just logged into Fido My Account and attempted to upgrade to the LG G7 and I saw both "Pick a new plan" and "Keep existing plan" options. Which browser are you using? I recommend trying a different web browser and resetting your browser's cache/cookies. I logged into Fido My Account a couple weeks ago and my problem was the opposite; "Keep my existing plan" option was missing but after clearing my browser's cache/cookies, it was fixed. Hope this helps Smiley

Fido-LG-G7-Upgrade.png

mdp123

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply, it is helpful. I have tried a different browser and flushing my cache and cookies, no luck. Good to know issue is on my end, will keep trouble shooting.

Hey @mdp123

Hope it works out for you. Smiley

We can also send you a PM to look into this with you.  Let us know if you'd like that!

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Odd enough...today is Cyber Monday and Fido.ca won't let me keep my existing plan if I try to upgrade my device? See the screenshot below. Yesterday the "Keep existing plan" option was there, but not today. I've tried multiple different browsers and reset my browser cache as well. Is this intentional or is there a system glitch? Thanks in advance!

Fido.ca Upgrade - Existing plan missing.png

Hey there,

This definitely seems like a glitch we'd need to report on our end! You should be able to see ''Keep my existing plan'' as long as you're logged on.

I can assure we've not removed the option intentionally. Smiley

I can send you a PM if you need help with the upgrade. Let me know.

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

@FidoSaira, thank you for your reply. I wanted to upgrade to the iPhone XR for $549 on Medium plan but was unable to keep my existing plan due to this “technical glitch”. As of today, the pricing has increased to $649. I wanted to upgrade online to avoid the $35 transaction fee. Since there was a problem on Fido’s end preventing me from upgrade, please consider dropping the handset pricing to $549 temporarily so I can upgrade as this is unfair for the customer. Thank you for your consideration.