Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nonsuspension of telephone and overcharging

Ahmadak40
I'm a participant level 2

A/C no *********

I am senior citizen with problem of short hearing and no income. I was using Fido plan and was paying price around 30 a month. In the month of August of last year I wrote a letter that I was leaving Canada for 6 month and will be back in March 2020. Please therefore suspend my phone. Their rep informed me suspension charges $30 a month which I objected because I was paying the same price for their plan. He therefore reduced the amount to $15 without telling any plan or price as its characteristics which I paid and he confirmed to add suspension. In November at my destination I noticed roaming charges and immediately asked my granddaughter to contact Fido. I was informed that they have added suspension at a reduced rate of $7 a month which is not correct. They were charging plan price of $15 plus 7.

When I came back on March 1st I find that they have from my credit card charged 160.54 and they left a liability of $307.24 due to nonpayment. I also came to know that they had not suspended my telephone rather it was done from December for my next complain for 3 month which they had acknowledge. I requested them to put my request to their seniors for consultation, They said that it is not possible and whatever their colleague says that the charges recovered by them is correct. My point is that my annual telephone bill at the rate of 60 is about 360 whereas they have already recovered 160.54 plus 307.24 which I have paid in installment. I suffered a great loss due to their mistakes and not advising me their loyal plan and price before usage. So I have to pay roaming charges, long distance charges, nonpayment charges, and price for over and excess call of the prescribed limit. I therefore request you to direct the Fido to refund the excess amount charged from me due to their mistake.

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10

FidoLony

Hey @Ahmadak40,

Welcome to the community!

I'm saddened to read about your experience! 

We'd love to get to the bottom of this and provide you with a solution.

Please reach out to one of our customer service reps here.  

GeraldR
I'm a contributor level 2

And, almost expected, the link doesn't actually work!

Hello GeraldR,

You can find the updated link here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Ahmadak40

We send a complaint to the ombudsman but no reply is coming would you please expedite because I paid all this bill from borrowing the money from my grandsons.

Edmonton2020

Hi.I call fido and spoke to a representative about my charges and my bill.I have pay my bills late and they didn't took all the money I pay late and I pay $650 on month of Oct 2021 and they took off just 500.I explai ed to them I told them I have prof I do.online banking  UT they took me in circle and say they take it but it not true.What I can do I'm tired of them taking my money

Hello Edmonton2020,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your bill. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I fully understand your issue.

You replied in a thread regarding a temporary suspension. Did you request a temporary suspension? On the other hand, were your services suspended due to non-payment?

I understand you have made a payment. However, I'm not sure the issue with the payment. If your services were suspended due to non-payment, you will likely need to contact their Credit Operations team to have them remove the suspension and make a payment arrangement. It should be mentioned that a payment arrangement may not be available in some situations.

That said, you should note that this is forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. Without access to your account, we would not be able to address your issue. I understand you may have already spoken with customer service but if you would like to further discuss your situation, you would need to re-contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hey @Ahmadak40! Thanks so much for the update. 

You mentioned reaching out to the Ombudsman, did you first speak to a manager and the Office of the President?

Keep in mind the Ombudsman will only take cases if they've followed the above escalation process. If that didn't happen, let us know so we can review things with you and work towards a solution.

If you were referred to the Ombudsman by the Office of the President, we suggest getting in touch with your advisor from the Office of the President to see what's going on.

Keep us posted Smiley

LIZKAL
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hello.,

How can i get in touch with the advisor from the office of the president?

I am trying to get information and no one seems to help.

Please assist.

Liza

Hello LIZKAL,

Were you referred to the Office of the President? If so, your referral would include the advisor from that office. However, if you have not yet been referred to their office, you would need to escalate the matter through customer service.

I'm sorry if you don't find this information helpful. However, there is procedure which needs to be followed.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

GeraldR

"did you first speak to a manager and the Office of the President?" So why didn't you say exactly how to do that?