Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim card (prepaid)

FidoUserTran
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

I am already a customer of Fido as I have an active prepaid sim card. My old phone is broken and I just bought a new phone and I want to use the new phone with the same account, number and prepaid plan.

I went to a Fido Store to buy a new sim card because the previous one is too big.

The seller told me they could not activate it in store and asked me to go online after I bought the new multi-sized sim card.

Unfortunatly, I could not find the option to activate a new sim card.

How do I activate my new sim card while keeping everything the same?

Thanks,

-Tran

43 REPLIES 43

DebbyJean
I'm a participant level 2

Hello, This is going to sound crazy,but hear goes. I started and paid and received my prepaid sim card. I did acctivate and then the phone I had broke and got a refund and bought anoyher one online ( great price ). The phone took some time to arrive and with getting my refund and and had to wait some time for everything. In the meantime my Sim card went over the month due date. I can;t remember the phone number for my prepaid acct. I am trying to pay my prepaid and I can't access that acct. I do have my Sim card package and the card number on the back of the card package. Do I have to go to a fido store. This is too much. Can anyone help Thanks Debby

Hello DebbyJean,

Welcome to the community!

Do you still have the actual SIM card? If you do, once you place the SIM card in the phone, it should be able to provide the phone number associated with the SIM. It would usually be found in the phone setting which provides information regarding the phone and SIM. If you are able to ascertain the phone number, you might be able to access your account that way.

If you aren't able to get the phone number, you would need to contact customer service. I'm not sure if they'll be able to search a phone number with just a SIM card number, though. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they will also be able to access your account. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

mclubine

Hello,

I am already a customer of Fido as I have an active prepaid sim card.  I just bought a new phone and I want to use the new phone with the same account, number and prepaid plan. I went to a Fido Store to buy a new sim card because the previous one is too big. Unfortunatly, I could not find the option to activate a new sim card. How do I activate my new sim card while keeping everything the same?

Thanks

Hello Mclubine,

Welcome to the community!

I don't believe the option is not available through My Account at this time for prepaid customers (see solution). You might consider sending a moderator (MOD beside their username) a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll be able to access your account and update it for your new SIM.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hey @mclubine

I actually wanted to add a little clarification to @Cawtau's post about this. The accepted solution is also being updated. 

Processing SIM card changes for Prepaid accounts can now only be done in a Fido store with two pieces of ID. You can check out the closest stores near you right from here! Smiley 

I hope this helps.

joojoo

Hi,

I have the same problem with switching sim card with a prepaid account. Please PM me.

Thanks,

1. Adrian

Hey joojoo!

As much as we would love to help you with this, as stated above, SIM card changes for Prepaid accounts can now only be done in a Fido store.

You will need to head into a store with photo ID to request a SIM card change. 

DChan

Hi,

I also need to switch to a new sim card for my prepaid fido account.

Can I get some help for this, please?

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @DChan

Of course you can :). Simply reach out to us to one of these channels to get started.

Alternatively, we can send you a PM here if you prefer.

DChan

Yes, please send me a PM for this.  Thanks!

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @DChan

I'll be sending a PM your way!

Talk to you soon! Smiley

Sharkfist

I've run into the same issue trying to switch to a new SIM card on a prepaid account.  Not only is the option to do so not available on the site, but the "Live Chat" agents refuse to assist prepaid customers, and there is no email support... seems like an accessibility issue.

Hey @Sharkfist!

The SIM card can be swapped by calling in to customer care or reaching out via Social Media. We'll help you out right here though, I'll send you a PM asap! Smiley 

See you there! 

CharRun

I have the same problem, I cant find the option to update my sim card. 

Hey @CharRun,

Welcome to the Community Smiley

I'll send you a PM so we can help you activate it.

Talk to you soon!

suen999

I need to activated the new sim card for my parent's prepaid account, any help here?

Hey,

Welcome to the Community, @suen999! Smiley

Of course, we can help get that activated for you! I'll send you a PM in a few moments.

In the future, you can also contact us through those channels for any account related questions Smiley

Foshizzle

Hi there,

I need to update my SIM card but as a pre-paid customer the option is (still) missing on the My Account page (see dozens of other topics with similar complains). Could a rep./mod help with this please?

Thanks.

Hey Foshizzle!

I moved your post to this thread since it's about the same subject. 

We'll send you a PM soon. 

kevinxdliu

Hello I'm having the same issue and would love some help. Please PM me