cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with high balance

sukhk15
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm an international student here in Sudbury, arrived just in January 2020 and still not got any work.
But I got $842 bill. I'm not in the position to pay this much high bill. All this happened just due to misunderstanding in the billing cycle and the problem of application 'My Account'.

I'm really not able to pay this much huge amount of bill. All this happened unintentionally.
I feel this bill will ruin my studies, as thinking about paying this much bill is not letting me concentrate on my studies. I also do not have any job.
I am a sincere user, I paid every bill on the time. Also, I ensure you that next time I will take care of my usage.
I sincerely request you to kindly help me someway.
I would be highly grateful if you could help me out.

Now I really cannot make the payment for $842.
13 REPLIES 13

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Sukhk15,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you received an unexpected surprise on your bill. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you'll likely have to arrange a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations team.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @sukhk15,

Welcome to the community!

If you are unable to pay your bill in full and need some time to pay it I would suggest you reach out to the Fido Credit Operations department and work out a payment plan.

You can reach them by dialing *732 from your Fido mobile phone.

sukhk15

Thank you for your response.

I want to ask,if i can get some relaxation on this amount.As it is really out of my budget and happened unintentionally.

Hello again,

@sukhk15 wrote:..if i can get some relaxation on this amount....

That is something you'll need to discuss with the credit operations department.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

sukhk15

Yes, I discussed. But they are not helpful at all.

They want me to pay whole amount till April. That is not an easy task for me. And now due to corona , hard to even digest how i will manage everything.😔😢

Hey @sukhk15

We understand that getting a higher than expected bill is not a pleasant situation in this difficult time. On our end, we provide tons of methods so our customers can track their usage any time and avoid any such surprises on their bills.

That said, the usage you are billed for is detected and validated by the Fido SIM card in your phone. 

Can you tell me a little bit more about the misunderstanding you had about your billing cycle?

Having said that, we want to ensure that our customers can remain in touch with their loved ones during this time. From March 16 to June 14, we are offering flexible payment options to customers that are facing financial difficulties. Your account will not be suspended or disconnected during this time.

Please feel free to contact our Credit Operations team as suggested by @Cawtau and @KAPABLE-K.

sukhk15

Not helpful at all!!

I am getting depressed every day due to financial difficulty.

On one side you are saying that your credit department offers flexible payment options. But i am still being forced to pay whole amount within 90 days. That's ok.

More horrible !! I have asked many times ,will i get interest charges for arrangements,but they denied. Still i get extra 22$ late fee.

I felt relaxed after paying first arrangement of $100. But it was useless,as i got similar charges again on new bill by adding late fee.

I am really depressed and no one is helpful here.😢😢

Hey @sukhk15,

We can definitely understand how this situation can be stressful. Rest assured, we're here to help!

We're monitoring the situation closely to be able to offer the best support to our customers during this time. Currently, we've implemented multiple procedures to assist our customers.

If you have concerns regarding late payment charges on your account, please reach out to here or reply to our PM and we can continue with you there! 

Sparklz2104
I'm a participant level 2

Yes I need help, I am behind in my payments. I do not drive so it's really hard for me to go to the bank. I don't want to be walking around  and taking a bus  so I have to rely on somebody to drive me and that's not easy these days. I'll be 60 in 2 weeks,  I live alone and I have no family here in Ontario so I'm terrified my phone is going to be disconnected.

Hello @Sparklz2104,

Its's totally understandable that you do not want to be travelling around on public transit given the current situation.

Fortunately, you do not need to go to the bank to make your payment it can be done online or by phone. See this article here that shows you the many different ways to make your payment.

Hope this helps, stay safe.

Sparklz2104

Now the problem is I need to go to the bank to put the extra money in to make the extra payments that I owe for Fido

sukhk15

Thank you @FidoSaira  your message gave me little relief that someone is there to listen to my problem. ðŸ™‚🙂

I wanna tell you that the day I arrived here was full of hurdles for me as I have none, my friends or relatives, here.so I just bought the sim to contact with my parents. My retailer asked me that u wanna talk to India. I agreed, but he didn't tell me restricted countries on my plan of international calls.

After that, I got the first bill of $82 but couldn't understand the reason for this amount. Actually, in my home country, I always use the prepaid sim and didn't know about the working of postpaid ones. anyways I paid it on 31st Jan, but 'My account' app didn't reset its usage for the next month. I checked it for 2-3 days, but it still showed me the used minutes of January. In the mid of Feb app didn't work and every time it told me to 'hit back after some time' and till the last of Feb, when I reinstalled the app and reset my account it showed me used 1710 minutes that I thought is a sum of both previous months and instead of 1000, it showed unlimited over there. 

in the second bill, I got $41 charges that I thought were monthly charges, but after receiving $842 I come to know that I'm being charged twice for calling in united Arab emirates without getting an alert or warning.

I'm still not able to understand why this offer is given the name international call if we can't call internationally anywhere, or the retailer should clear all this before selling the sim.

Now whoever I am talking with is demanding screenshot.but these things never happened with me before.so, I was totally unaware that this gonna happens with. otherwise, I would definitely take screenshots at that time. ðŸ˜­ ðŸ˜¢

I'm really helpless and that's too unintentionally. Please help me someway. I will be really thankful to you for your kindness.

Hey @sukhk15

In this kind of situation we would have to take a closer look into your account so we can check out the details of your invoice. I am going to send you a PM!