cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fido experience

LeslieL
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Being a Fido customer for more than one and half a year is a fine experience except 1-2 hours wait time to talk to the customer service.  I can understand the staffing shortage affects everywhere.  However, this morning experience is really disappointing to the level that I will consider to end business relationship with Fido.

It has been no issues to pay monthly Fido bills on time through the automatic payment since last year until Fido failed to charge a bill in last month (November).  I was away from the country from October to November.  I hasn’t received Fido text messages and was not able to find or read Fido notification email (maybe, it was emailed to Trash bin and was deleted by Google Email?).   I paid right away after return home through the same credit card on Nov 24th.  But, Fido automatically charged me “Return to account fee CAD 50” yesterday (December).

I spent 2.5 hours to talk to Fido customer service, to talk to Fido billing department and then was redirected to talk to customer service again this morning.   Marison (billing department) explained to me its Fido policy to charge “Return to account fee” on the top of penalty fee of late payment.  She suggested me to find the Fido notification email and to talk to Credit Card Company (FYI, I always have good credit check).   At the end of my 2.5 hours journey to wait and to talk to three Fido employees, I was informed that Fido customer service may call me back if a supervisor has time and “nothing we can do”.

I can understand the penalty fee for late payment (I was charge automatically on Oct 23rd, I paid on Nov 24th, one day delay?).  But, my same credit card was automatically charge “Return to account fee”.  I am sorry.  If I know what I experienced this morning, why I return?  

1 REPLY 1

FidoAnthony

Hey @LeslieL,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience. Rest assured we're here to help you! 

There are several ways to reach customer service:

- On the phone (by dialing 611 from your Fido device), you will have a call back option instead of waiting on the line

- Via live chat on Fido.ca

- By writing us a private message on our social networks (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram).

Hope to talk to you soon. :grinning_face: