cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost sim

hasannahmed
I'm a participant level 1

I have lost my sim in Pakistan and I am travelling back to Canada in 2 days. Is there anyway I can get a new sim at the pearson international  aiport? 

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Hasannahmed,

Welcome to the community!

There is a Fido kiosk located in Terminal 1 at Pearson Airport (see here). Alternatively, you could also have the SIM shipped to your address in Canada (see here). You should note that the new SIM card would not yet be associated with your account. That's why anyone can purchase a SIM from a store. Once received, you would need to update your SIM card to the new one. Since your old SIM is lost, you would need to contact customer service to update your SIM. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Manda0127

Really? Then why did I just argue with one of your reps for an hour because he was telling me you can't replace it without the old number so I will need to go into a fido store? Train your staff

Hey @Manda0127! The information you were giver by our Customer Service is accurate :t o activate your new SIM card, you can go to fido.ca, in which case  you’ll need your old SIM card number. If you don’t have the old SIM card number, you will have to go to a store with a valid photo ID.

We hope this helps.

Hello Manda0127,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, I don't work for Fido. This forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services.

@Manda0127 wrote:

Really? ...

From the information you provided, I'm not sure to what that refers. They cannot replace your SIM card without the old SIM card number. However, you should be able to simply purchase an additional SIM card

On the other hand, if you are referring to contacting customer service to update your SIM card, they may need to verify your identity before updating the SIM card information. If your account does not have enough verifiable information (ie pre-paid accounts), you would need to visit a store so they may be able to verify you are the owner of that line or account.

Also, that reply was from 2021. I understand it might only have been just over a year ago, however, there may have been new procedures impemented in order to prevent fraudulent activity. While your attempt to replace your SIM card might be innocent, nefarious actors are always finding new ways to attempt to defraud others. It would not be uncommon for new measures to be set in order to combat the ever-changing tactics of those nefarious actors.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers