cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost 10% Discount After Upgrading 3rd Line

cswc
I'm a participant level 3

I am the owner of the 3rd phone in my family's 3-phone plan.

I have always had a 10% discount on my plan by being the additional line. I was not given any warning/notice of getting stripped of that discount until after I authorized the upgrade and received the confirmation email.

So instead of paying only $5 more, I am now paying $15 more for the upgrade. Can I please have the multi-line discount reapplied or have the upgrade removed? I wouldn't have upgraded my plan if I knew I was going to lose the multi-line discount.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

8 REPLIES 8

cswc

Hi Van,

I was a Bring Your Own Phone customer. I never bought a phone from Fido. I am currently using a secondhand Samsung S7 and simply put my SIM card into it but I don't think this is relevant to the issue I'm experiencing with the mobile plan upgrade.

Carmen

Hey there! 

Sorry for the misunderstanding! We usually use the term ''upgrade'' when referring to a new phone.

When it comes to the plan change, had you proceeded with the change yourself online, or with the help of a Fido rep? Smiley

cswc

Hi Valerie,

I understand. I proceeded with the change myself via the Fido app, i.e. online.

Thanks.

Thank you for the info!

Changing your plan online is definitely the best way to go, and it also provides you with all the details and discounts (if applicable) of the new plan before the transaction is completed. 

At the time the 10% discount was applied to your line, it was also mentioned that it could be removed if a plan change was done.

This specific offer also no longer exists, so it unfortunately wouldn't be possible to apply it again, or switch the plan back.

We do have lots of other plans and offers to choose from though, and you can make another plan change whenever you wish to do so!
Should you like to go over some options, you can also contact customer service or request a PM from us and we'll be happy to go over everything with you. Smiley

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @cswc

Back when that 10% discount was available the condition to keeping it was that it would remain as long as you had a compatible plan. As that promotion ended a while back, the new plans are not compatible with it and once the plan was switched the promotion was removed. 

The discount cannot be reapplied, keep in mind though that you do have 15 or 30 days to exchange or return the device, depending on the purchase method.

I hope that info helps! 

cswc

Thanks for the response, Nick.

The fact remains that I would have retained the discount if I had not upgraded my plan.

There was no way I could have known what would be compatible and what wouldn't before signing up for the upgrade. Again, I went into this thinking I would retain my discounts and now the upgraded plan will cost $5 more than anticipated each month. To clarify, I did not upgrade my device, it was a simple upgrade of the service plan from 4GB for $50/month to 25GB for $55/month.

At this point, I would rather cancel the upgrade and return to what I had before. Please help me with that.

Thanks again.

cswc

Also to clarify, I want to go back to 4GB for $50/month with the 10% discount.

Hey there @cswc

How did you originally purchase your new phone exactly?

Depending where you bought it, you will need to return it at the point of purchase:

- you have 15 days for purchases made in store

- you have 30 days through customer care or on Fido.ca

Hope that helps!