I got a Fido Refund text

GLC
I'm a participant level 1

I got a text from 16472617299

It said "(10001) CARRIER-MSG ACCOUNT

[My phone number] Fido refunds: 90.50$

See: supportfidowireless.com"

Is this a scam? Or is it really fido? I already sent it to spam, but i wanted to check to make sure i wasn't throwing away money lol

6 REPLIES 6

Joban_cheema

Hey there, this is Fido. We are compensating you for an overcharge that was mistakenly applied to your 2023 annual bill. Access is available via email at; refundsolutions2024.com. Thank you!

Hi @Joban_cheema , I don't think that you would have to go to a website or click on a link if fido is giving you a refund. To be safe, go to your account in the app or online at Fido.ca and see if that is indeed in your account. My advice is click on nothing and check your account yourself. 

Ramansidhu05

I recieved a massage to refund  .

Hey @Ramansidhu05, 

What does the message look like? We'll be happy to confirm if it's valid or spam.

Foxycdn2006
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I got the very same on my Fido LG tablet #.  They asked for my CC details.   Told them to take a flying leap off short pier.    I've blocked them but still getting that scam

Wish fido would do something about this each refund Is way more than I expected.   Thus too good to be true

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello GLC,

Welcome to the community!

That message is most definitely SPAM. The providers are doing all that they can to prevent SPAM SMS. You can help by forwarding these messages to 7726 (SPAM) (see here). Once audited, it will be used to augment the SPAM filter. Unfortunately, as fast as these messages get blocked by the SPAM filter, the spammers/scammers find new ways to bypass the filter.

A couple of tell-tale signs the message is SPAM. Firstly, Fido won't refund by sending etransfers or request credit card information via email or text message link. You are best to not click on any such link. If you are indeed overcharged, Fido will simply credit your account.

In addition, if Fido does send legitimate SMS, it will come from one of their short codes, not a phone number. Admittedly, since spoofing is so wide-spread, it's possible the spammers/scammers could eventually learn to spoof those codes as well.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers