cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel robbed, Setup Service Fee

Judavamon
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

So I recently got my SIMcard with a plan that seemed great, lots of data, unlimited calls and texts, etc. Today my first bill was made available to me, however, it's about 50+ dollars more than expected, why? because of something called SETUP SERVICE FEE, which the person that sold me the plan at the store didn't disclose with me at all and THAT'S WRONG IN SO MANY WAYS.

It would have been fine if they told me that the activation of my SIM in the store had a cost and that the cost was larger than the cost of my monthly plan, I was in a hurry so I would have probably said yes, But NO, they didn't disclose that information in the store, they were telling me how good the plan was and that I would have a discount on my plan for 24 months, which is actually more like 14 if you take into account that FEE.  So to summarize this is ABSURD, and I see that I'm not the only one, other people also have also fallen into that trap, they should mention it so that you're not SURPRISED or feel ROBBED when your first bill arrives.  

FIDO SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

1 REPLY 1

FidoAlex

Hey @Judavamon, welcome to the community! My name is Alex and I'll be happy to help. 

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, that doesn't sound like what we want for any of our customers. To clarify, the set-up fee is charged every time you do an activation or a device upgrade. However, you can avoid that fee entirely by doing these transactions on our website, with our self-serve tools. 

Feel free to get in touch with our customer service here so that we can take a closer look at your account and into what happened.