I'm a participant level 1

how do i give you my new expiration number from my credit card 

17 REPLIES 17

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @plavra

Have you tried deleting your cookies and clearing your cache? If you did and are still having issues, you can always contact us using any of the options you'll find here. There is no charge to make these changes if you are having technical issues on the website. 

plavra
I'm a participant level 3

yes, like other people in https://forums.fido.ca/t5/General-Support/Unable-to-update-credit-card-Prepaid/td-p/109627, I tried everything: cookies, cache, different browsers, Incognito, nothing would work.

I have had the same issue since I joined Fido in 2016. I have also issues when refilling on the website.

I have contacted already you and updated my credit card. 

However I wish I was able to do it myself online, instead of having to call every time, since 2016.

If Fido could invest on fixing the bug(s) on the website, it would be great!

plavra

I can't update my credit card number on the Fido online account.

When I try I get the error

OOPS!

That doesn’t seem to be working.!

I remember this has been happening for years.

What is the workaround, other than having to call an agent, which is not free anymore?

Thanks for your feedback @plavra!

T2018
I'm a participant level 2

After I update Credit Card information, your website keeps saying "Oops, this isn't working" but there is no solution provided. It says only one card can be registered to the account, but all I'm trying to do is update the expiry date.

The Credit Card is expired on file, and I need to update the info ASAP. Please let me know how to update it properly. 

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @T2018

Welcome to the community Smiley

Please note that it takes 2 business days for the payment method change to be updated when done online. When you access your Fido.ca profile, you can choose to "Change Payment Method" under Billing & Payments. You would then be able to choose the new method and enter the necessary information before clicking on "Update".

We're also available to assist you with the process if you keep getting that error message. You can reach out to us at these channels or we can send you a PM here is you wish.

T2018

Thanks for your reply. It's not the business days that are the issue, it's that when I update all the info and then press UPDATE button on your site, the error message says "This is not working". So I am sure it's not even registering with your system.

I am using Google Chrome as browser, if that helps.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

No worries,

Let's take a closer look at this together. I'll be sending you a PM shortly so we can access your account Smiley

Talk to you soon.

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @B7783198064

Welcome to the Community Smiley

You can easily update your credit card's information through My Account on Fido.ca, simply follow these steps:

- Click on Billing and Payments

- Select Change under Payment Method, Pre-Authorized Chequing and update the info

Hope this helps Smiley

will51

No your answer does not work! Nor does re-entering the credit card number!

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @will51

Can you tell us a little more about what happens when you try to update the credit card number?

Thanks!

will51

Attempting a one-time refill with my registered Credit Card.  But the date has expired.  Pressed "update card" and entered new date and CCV number.  But it wasn't accepted (error was "Please enter a valid security code")

So I tried re-entering the same 16-digit credit card number.  Error is "Oops! that doesn't seem to be working. Only one card can be registered per account ..."

Please don't tell me to use a different browser: same problems exist on both Firefox (latest version 69.0.2) and Microsoft Edge.

I remember I had the same or similar problem several years ago when I last had to update my card.  This is not acceptable!

Hey @will51,

I'm sure we can get this figured out with you! 

Let's take this to PM so that we can take a look in your account. 

will51

No, let's not.  I have spent far too much time faffing about with this trivial issue.  As I mentioned, I have no intention of wasting any more time on it since Fido seems congenitally unable to fix anything

We're here to help, will51, and we'd like to make this right. 

Don't hesitate to reply to our PM if you change your mind. 

KL237

The site won't let me update the expiration date of my card either, it keeps failing. This is 100% an issue with your website because it simply doesn't post a request when I press the button. I suggest you contact the web development team to get this fixed. In the meantime I'd like some help to update my payment options, or I'll choose to stop using Fido.

FidoRuth
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @KL237

Have you tried to register the card as a new one instead of trying to update the current one.

Let us know if that works for you.