How to set up voice mail?

Marley2010
I'm a participant level 1
27 REPLIES 27

Groupon

I press 1 and it asks for an acces code. How do I create it?

Hey, @Groupon

If you've forgotten your voicemail access code, we've provided the steps here for you to follow. It's super easy. Smiley

Also, I would highly suggest taking a look at this page where we've included all the information you should know about voicemail.

-FidoRania

Joe53

how to setup/activate voice mail and access code...please

Hey @Joe53

Welcome on the Community!

I have moved your message to this thread as it deals with the same topic. You'll find your answer right here.

You can also check this page for more informations on voice messaging.

marie-eveo
I'm a participant level 2

When I call my voicemail it says I don’t have access to voice messaging and suggests 611 for help then hangs up the call. 

Hey @marie-eveo

Welcome to the Community!

Did you make any changes to your account/line recently? It could be the reason why you don't have access to it

But no worries, you can definitely contact us and we'll update that with you Smiley

Hey @marie-eveo!

Were you able to get this sorted out? Are you now able to access your voicemail?

marie-eveo

No my voicemail still isn’t accessible. After call 611 they instructed me to turn on and off my device then to try again but there was no luck there. 

Hey @marie-eveo

Were you able to figure this out on your end? 

Let us know if you need help Smiley

Are you calling your voicemail by pressing and holding the number 1 on your keypad?

Are callers able to reach your voicemail and leave you a message?

marie-eveo

When I press and hold 1 I reach my voicemail but I have no access to it. No incoming callers can leave voice messages. 

Hey @marie-eveo

That definitely doesn't sound right. 

We'll need to take a look at the account in order to see why this is happening. 

I'll be sending you a PM shortly, let's continue there! Smiley 

Meg576
I'm a participant level 3

I have tried many times to set up voicemail without success. I cannot create a voicemail code and my cell number is not accepted either. How do I set up voicemail?

sandara65

I am having this problem and trying to set up voicemail for myself and my elderly parents. Did you get an answer?

S

Hello @sandara65

Did you follow the steps in @KAPABLE-K 's solution above? What message or result are you encountering afterwards? 

Please let the Community know and we'll be able to assess the situation and guide you. Smiley 

Meg576
I do not have s voicemail code or greeting nor will Fido let me create ome

@Meg576 I think you should call customer service because something is definetly not right from what you are saying. 

Meg576

Voice mail feature was not activated. After contacting customer service, voicwe mail is now working.

@Meg576 I'm glad you were able to get it working.

@Meg576 When you press and hold 1 on your phone what happens?