cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Group Text Messages

jassalps
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am trying to send text messages to my friends in a group of eight persons. All of them are at India. I am prefixing proper country code, bet the text msgs are not reaching them. What could be the reason? Someone plz help

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Jassalps,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with group texting. To clarify, are you able to send text messages to a group in Canada? In addition, are you able to send a single text to India?

I understand you are using the proper Country code. However, to verify:

011 + 91 + phone number

or

+91 + phone number

~see here

Do you receive any error when the messages don't send or do the messages get sent but are not received? Do any of the group receive messages or none of them?

If you are only unable to send group messages, you might consider trying to enable data. It's possible that some devices might automatically send group SMS as MMS. If that is the case, data would need to be enabled.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hi @jassalps , when trying to send a group chat, do you get an error message?  What device do you use? Have you tried using a different messaging app?  Have you contacted technical support (you can do so by calling 611 from your device)  It's difficult to guess what might be going on without more information. Try technical support first for the best troubleshooting, then we can try to help you figure it out. 😉