cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible Experience

tonyong4345
I'm a participant level 2

I tried to add a line to my account for my sister and get her a new device. 

I decided to get the iphone 7, as it was under the fido payment program.

However, when I added the line and ordered the phone, I waited a couple weeks and the sim card arrived, but the phone didn't arrive with it.

So I called customer support to see what was going on.

They told me that the iphone 7 was out of stock and so they didn't send me the phone without telling me.

So the customer service rep had to cancel that phone and order me another phone, I chose the Samsung Galaxy A20, because he told me if I wanted to reorder the iphone 7, it would be on backorder and it would take another 2 weeks. 

Once we got the A20 in the mail, the phone was defective. The camera didn't work.

So we had to call again to get a new A20. They sent the new phone and gave us a box to return the phone in.

On the same day we received the phone, we shipped the defective A20 back through purolator. 

Now I am being charged $400, under what they deem a device charge. 

Calling the service representative again, they told me that they did not receive the phone within 10 days. However, they have the phone currently.

So now I am forced to pay $400 because of a phone that they sent which was defective. 

Furthermore, I ordered the phone online to avoid the $45 service charge. However, because I had to call in order to see why the Iphone 7 didn't arrive, I had to pay a $45 service charge. 

Is there anything I can do about this? 

6 REPLIES 6

tonyong4345

If you are a current customer be aware.

Bait and switch tactics: They advertised the iphone 7 to me but when I ordered it for my sister on a new line, and they didn't send it. They only sent a sim card and cancelled the iphone 7 order without telling. Then when I called back to ask why, they told me I couldn't order the iphone 7 anymore, but I needed a phone for my sister still, so we settled on a cheaper samsung galaxy A20.

Unnecessary charges: Then they sent an A20 with a defective camera. Once we returned it, they gave a device charge of $400. I spoke with about 5 customer representatives, all which told me a different thing. The first told me that I just had to pay the device charge. The second told me it was because they have to charge the $400 while I am returning the device. The next have told me that it is because they cancelled my fido payment program and charged me in full. Fido will constantly breach their contract to get charges on your account, so if you are unsuspecting and do not challenge them, they will just take your money. Even if you do choose to challenge the charges, you will spend hours talking to multiple representatives that do not seem to tel you the same thing.

Hours of your time will be spent just to resolve their mistakes and so far I haven't gotten any compensation for this mistake.

FidoVanessa

Hey @tonyong4345!

I'm sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one. This is not what we want for our customers, I assure you. 

Does the tracking number confirms if it was received by us? This would validate the information the representative gave you. Also, there's a delay for our team to process the return after we receive the device. 

We would be more than happy to take a closer look at your account once again. You can contact us here or we can you a private message if your prefer. 

Let us know!

tonyong4345

Yes the customer service rep has confirmed it was received by Fido. 
I spoke with another customer service rep, for the 5th or 6th time now, and the problem is still unresolved.

For all my time and trouble having to resolve these issues and driving all the way to purolator, not having a phone for months for my sister, and I am still being withheld $400 from my account with no compensation for my time or trouble.

Hey there @tonyong4345,

You can contact us here for assistance or we can send you a private message here if your prefer. Let us know how you want to proceed!

tonyong4345

We can speak privately. 

Sure thing! I'll send you a private message shortly to look into it with you. Smiley