cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, this is FIDO Chinese voice department

tungvy2004
I'm a participant level 1

I keep get a phone call from FIDO saying: Hello, this is FIDO Chinese voice department. Then a Long Chinese voice message. If Fido wants to send me a message, they should have send message in English. I don't understand what the message means. This is so frustrating. Anyone got the same messages as I did. 

8 REPLIES 8

NAEEM2

4 THE PAST 6 MTH KEEP GETTING CALLS FROM 1-888-569-6562 CHINESE SCAMMER, WHAT FIDO IS UNDER ATTACK BY CHINESE?

DanHighRes
I'm a contributor level 1

So you are saying that Fido staff is compeletely useless and don't want to deal or fix this issue.

Hey @DanHighRes Smiley

We definitely want to prevent these calls as much as possible.

What @Cawtau mentioned was rather that it's not a simple issue to fix, because the callers are often using Caller ID spoofing.

However, we recently implemented Spam Call Detect, which should definitely help our customers who are receiving these types of calls. 

We're always working to improve our services, so more may come in the future! 

DanHighRes

So basically you are saying that this feature suppose to be working already as in description for Spam Call Detect feature however I am still receiving bunch of scams daily and my phone doesn't show up potential scam.

Hey @DanHighRes! Spam Call Detect, also known as Nuisance Call Filtering, is the latest advancement in our fight against frustrating spam and fraud callers! You can find more information about this feature here. For Spam Call Detect to work, your phone plan must include Call Display and Name Display. No apps or additional downloads are required.

DanHighRes

So why it is not working on my phone?

Hey @DanHighRes,

Our spam call detect feature is constantly a working progress. Some spam calls may still show their number without the ''possible spam'' tag.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Tungvy2004,

Welcome to the community!

Fido does have Chinese speaking customer service representatives. However, those calls are not from Fido. They are from spammers/scammers trying to target Fido's Chinese immigrant customer base. I understand many people who do not speak or understand the language are also receiving the calls. It's easier for the spammers/scammers to simply call all of Fido's phone numbers rather than to determine which phone numbers belong to Chinese customers. In fact, it appears that they aren't even bothering to only target Fido customers anymore. Some people from other providers have also received similar messages.

Unfortunately, since the spammers/scammers use spoofed numbers, there isn't much that can be done to prevent the nuisance calls. While Universal Call Block has been implemented, that system only blocks calls from malformed phone numbers. Hopefully, the new protocol STIR/SHAKEN will help prevent nuisance calls from spoofed numbers. However, that system is not yet fully implemented.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers