cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haven't received $50 Bestbuy Giftcard that came with internet yet

andie1
I'm a participant level 2

It's been well over 7 business days since I have completed the online registration to participate in the Fido Back To School Offer, which I qualify for. It says status pending its been nearly 20 days now, when will I receive it??

28 REPLIES 28

kimjungoon
I'm a participant level 1

Same problem here, never got the email. Waiting on the BestBuy gift card and Sportsnetnow promo.

Spoke to livechat team and phoned customer support multiple times, each keeps telling me to wait several business days, although I have yet to receive an email. I registered on September 17th.

My status displays as approved and mentions I received an email, although I never received it. I checked my spam, searched for different keywords and checked my trash, but nothing. I did however receive a registration confirmation email when I signed up for the promotion, so I definitely used the correct email address. 

Hey @kimjungoon,

I'm sending you a PM to look into your situation. Talk to you soon.

martindd

I have now been waiting 6 weeks for my gift card. Spoke to someone on Live Chat today, was told for the third time that "it's been escalated" and I will hear back within 5 business days. 

Hey @martindd

I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon.

andie1

I have talked to 2 agents and both said it will come in 3 days and to check my status... now when i check my status on the website brings up an error and it has been over 3 days? 

yu271226
I'm a participant level 3

i waited for almost two weeks. No update, same pending message in the promotion page. chat with two agents, and they couldn't do anything or provide me any update.

scam.

Hey @andie1

What's the error message you're getting when you try to check your status? Could you provide the exact error?

andie1

The error I messaged I receive is this 

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   PromotionsPortal.Controllers.StatusController.CurrentStatus() +10609
   lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +62
   System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) +14
   System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +169
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +27
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__39(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ActionInvocation innerInvokeState) +22
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`2.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +29
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResultBase`1.End() +49
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethod(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +32
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3d() +50
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f() +228
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass33.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__32(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethodWithFilters(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +34
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass2b.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1c() +26
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +100
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +27
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecuteCore>b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) +13
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +29
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +36
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecute>b__15(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Controller controller) +12
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +22
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +26
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.System.Web.Mvc.Async.IAsyncController.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) +21
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +29
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +28
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +9873649
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) +48
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +159

@andie1 Let's take a look at what was done so far on your account. I'm sending you a PM, talk to you soon.

yu271226

@FidoKenny 

chat with the livechat twice.. and they couldn't solve or provide updates about the gift card and the 6 months subscription.

Is that how Fido doing business? Attracting customers signing up, and wait for a year before giving the promotion offer. My friend signed up and received the gift card within few days

Eatlobster

Same here. I registered the promotion on Sep 10th and still having a pending status.

Hi @yu271226 and @Eatlobster,

Did you check your spam folder and/or contact our customer service to get an update status?  

Eatlobster

I did contact the customer service a couple of times. The last time, which is a week ago, the agent redirected me to FidoBTSGWP@myfidopromotions.com. An email was sent from this address promising me a response in three business days. It keeps me still waiting right now.

I checked my Fido promotion Submission and Delivery Status. It changed from "pending" to " No matching activation record" now.

Thanks for letting us know @Eatlobster

I'll send you a PM so we can help. 

Talk to you soon.

Eatlobster

I was told to wait until Wednesday on last Sunday. Now I am told to wait for another 4-5 business days again, which is the same thing I hear so many times.

Hello @Eatlobster, thank you for flagging this.

We already took care of flagging the matter to our support team.

yu271226

checked~ the status page show still show pending. checked spam folder.. nothing

Hey @yu271226!

We'll have to take a closer look at your account with you then. You can contact us here for that or we can send you a PM from the community at your request.

yu271226

Hi @FidoPhilippe 

several moderators from Fido sent me private message stating that they will help me. But none of them are helpful.

I checked once again the status, it goes to "No matching activation record"

I am trying to live chat an agent, they agent not even respond my inquiry in the chat after asking my account information.

Hey @yu271226 ,

We replied to your PM, we've escalated this on our end to get you the card ASAP! We'll update you soon.