Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOME PHONE ACTIVATION FEE?

WestShore1
I'm a participant level 3

Hello everyone,

We purchased a Fido home phone adapter in early 2020 (paid $65) and paid the $35 to activate the home phone line for about a month.  Due to COVID, we cancelled the home phone line.  We'd now like to activate it again, and are struggling to figure out how to do this without paying another $35 activation fee.  We've spent a long time on two seperate chat sessions with Fido and were told we can activate our home phone service online via My Account and not pay the $35 activation fee.  Despite me being very clear during the second lengthy chat, that I was trying to activate a home phone adapater, the second rep emailed me a detailed list of instructions, but they were to activate a BYOD mobile phone.  Has anyone out there been able to activate their home phone adapter themselves without having pay the $35 fee? 

Thanks very much,

Dave

2 REPLIES 2

WestShore1

Hello Philippe, 

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it!  I think we've decided to give Shaw Mobile a try instead, so hopefully it works out. 

Cheers,

Dave

FidoPhilippe

Hey @WestShore1! Philippe here.

A phone line can only be reactivated within 60 days of deactivation. If it's been longer than this, a new activation with SIM card and phone number will be needed. This cannot be done through our website, and we currently have no promotions to waive the fee at this time, for the home phone service.

I hope this helps!