cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing a complaint

Amin809
I'm a participant level 2

How do i log a formal complaint against Fido Billing.

This a third or fourth month in a row, for billing issues. I have paper work received with promotion/discount however billing is still not correct.

I am fed up from calling every month and customer care opening a new ticket every month.

If we don't pay a bill, Fido will go ahead and put negative rating on our credit score but how can we make sure they see our pain. I am honestly done with this Fido after a good 13 years.

They don't keep promises.

23 REPLIES 23

RICARDOuser
I'm a participant level 1

Fido has terrible customer service. I even tried to speak with a manager but that seemed like an impossible task.  Fido does NOT care about its customers. Fido = BAD SERVICE. Fido is a monopolistic company gouging its customers and offer the lowest level of customer support.  I have such a bad service in the past and it is just get worse with time...Fido simply does not care!

mhd_akhavan

I upgraded my phone to iPhone 13 two weeks ago and was supposed to receive an email regarding "ready to pick up" instructions. I called customer service to follow up and they say the order is canceled because iPhone 13 is out of stock!

I haven't received any cancellation emails during this period and I missed every Black Friday deal. Being out of stock is an absolute lie since right now they are selling iPhone 13 on the website!

How can I file a complaint?

manvir1690
I'm a participant level 3

same happen with me today. I ordered Samsung device on Cyber monday deal. and today i got an email that my order is cancelled due to unavailability of device. Please let me know if you file your complaint. i am also looking to file. they did this to number of people. they just trap the customers with them and cancel their orders.

mhd_akhavan

They even didn't send me the cancellation email! If I wouldn't follow up they kept me waiting.

Phui

Same here, I ordered Pixel 6a during Black Friday Promotion and still have not rec'd phone  yet. I called customer services and they said the phone is on back-order and delivery delay will be 4 weeks from date of order according to their record. Will wait to see if phone got delivery before Christams before filing a complain.

Hey Phui, Alex here! 

While it's not impossible, if the device you ordered is backordered and the estimated delivery time is 4+ weeks, it's unlikely that you will receive it before Christmas. 

I would suggest to get in touch with our customer service again so that we can look into an alternative solution with you. You can contact us through any of the channels here

Sheela

Fido customer service is just a worst service. If you do not have the capacity to handle the customers then dont stand in the market. When we visit store they redirect to call customer care number on which we will have to hours together. And after waiting hours together they hang up saying that we cannot do anything. No means of eather sending an email nor proper chantting option not proper instore service option. Very worst experience. That is why people pay go to opt in better service provider to address the concerns. 

Deepa21

How does file a complaint open up other complaints!

Hey @Deepa21

What do you mean exactly? 

Don't hesitate to reach out to customer service if you have any issues or concerns. 

liezel2022

Dear Sir/ Madam, 

I am a Fido customer, the reason for my email is to seek attention regarding my recent bill. I tried connecting with customer service, but they do not give me satisfaction and are not willing to hear from my side and I feel so unappreciated as a customer putting me on hold and connecting me to apple support. 

My bill was $530 normally it's only $75 a month, the reason is am being charged an extra much minute, which is unbelievable, I am only using facetime and I expect to understand and am quite sure that facetime calling won't charge you per minute but they do, why would someone choose to pay per minute if there is another way of calling for free like messenger, WhatsApp unless they are not aware of the charges, and even if they charged it shouldn't be that easy to make a long-distance call, I would say this is not fair for a customer perspective, billing for extra $455 a month is more than a business. Did someone give me a heads-up at that time? No nobody, this is not fair to me, and I am asking you to take it into consideration. This is not just $20 extra this is $455; I was not aware of charges of extra minutes using facetime 

Thank you for your time 

Liezel Lima 

Hello Liezel2022,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've incurred unexpected additional charges. I understand you use FaceTime for your calls. Yes, FaceTime generally does use data and/or Wifi. Apparently, however, Apple might have changed the FaceTime interface which may inadvertently caused some calls to connect via the cellular networks rather than data or Wifi (see here and here). Is it possible that you might have connected those calls before the FaceTime feature fully loaded?

Unfortunately, if the calls are listed on your bill, your phone did make those International calls. I understand you did not intend on making those calls via the networks. However, they were connected via the networks. The long-distance calls were made using Fido's cellular services. 

With regards to other messaging apps, you should note that they may use cellular minutes (plus long-distance, if applicable) if the internet connection is insufficient. While it's not mentioned on their website, it appears as though the WhatsApp will automatically switch to using mobile airtime minutes (within the app) if it deems the internet connection is too slow for voice calls (see here and here). It should also be mentioned that other messaging apps may also behave in a similar manner.

I understand some people might not be aware that some apps use cellular services when a Wifi or data connection is insufficient. However, it's the customers' responsibility to know how their devices and the apps they use work -- even if those apps may have changed how to access certain functions. The mobile providers only transmit what a customer's phone sends. If WhatsApp makes a call using data, the providers will transmit data; if WhatsApp makes the call using cellular networks, the providers will transmit it as a call over the cellular networks. Similarly, if Apple connects the call before FaceTime fully initiates, the providers will connect the call as dialled.

I also understand that you might not have been aware of your long-distance usage. However, it has always been the customers' responsibility to monitor their own usage and bills:

It is not necessary to cap voice or text messaging service charges since the use of these services is generally well understood and managed by consumers. ~ The Wireless Code; point 127

...it considers that a requirement to provide usage notifications or usage monitoring tools is not the best solution to prevent bill shock. ~ point 124

While Fido does not provide notifications for long-distance or additional long-distance usage, they do provide a means of monitoring call usage (ie My Account app). 

One suggestion would be to enable Airplane or Flight mode and manually enabling Wifi prior to making the call(s). Doing so should prevent the app from switching to mobile services if the Wifi internet connection is not sufficient. However, it also means that you wouldn't be able to make FaceTime or WhatsApp calls using a mobile data connection.

I understand this is a difficult time and receiving such a bill even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider arranging a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations team. It should be mentioned that a payment arrangement might not be available in all situations.

You should also note that Fido does not offer customer services via email. If you would like to further discuss your bill, you would need to re-contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Parth3

I want to raise a complaint with Fido. I had an app glitch last month and i could not track my usage. That app glitch was over  a month. This month my bill came to $137.40 and it should be $39.20. Since i was unable to track my usage. This is so frustrating getting  a 100 dollars extra bill i called Fido customer care twice after 2 hours of call they dint help me. i am highly disatisfied with the support team they said there was no over usage but still i got a 137 bill.

whoy

I'm dealing with the same thing. Only difference is that I called in on Black Friday and the person promised me that they would match the Black Friday deal. Got the bill today and non on those changes too effect. Called Fido and now they claim they have no record of that phone call. Not to mention that they kept transferring me around for more than 3 hours. What horrible service. 

MNek

Same here

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Parth3, @whoy @MNek

Hey everyone, 

We're truly sad to read about your experience, it's definitely not something that we wish.

We can open a ticket for the app to investigate if the usage display was down and take it from there. 

If this wasn't done yet when you contacted us the first time, please reach out again so we can take another look into it!

MNek

After three months the issue is still not resolved:|. After some discussion with the support team, the problem got escalated and the back team gave me a credit to pay the bill based on the black-Friday deal. However, the credit doesn't get applied to the bill. In the last three months, I put at least an hour every week chatting with your agents, they give me some new interaction and case IDs, and they promise to fix the issue but they don't and you just add up to the bill every cycle. I don't know what to do. I've got exhausted.

HI there @MNek.Truly sorry to see you are experiencing troubles. I seem to have understood that the back office team offered you a 1 time credit to offer the difference, that's normally done when the system doesn't allow the credit to be applied, therefor, we apply it manually. Hope this clarifies. Feel free to reach out by any.method if ever you have more questions

MNek

Thanks for the reply. Do I have to reach out every month to get the credit applied? Isn't it possible for you to do it automatically?

Hello @MNek,

If you wish to discuss this with us, you're welcome to reach out to customer service by these methods.these methods

MNek

Hello Anthony,
As I mentioned I discussed this issue with your agents almost every week in the last three months. This includes 19 AskJack live chat sessions, 7 phone calls, 4 case IDs, and lots of promises to fix the issue. They always say that they will get back to me but they won't. It seems that you don't care about your customers time at all. BTW, I called customer service again today and they gave me a new case ID:).