Detailed call history with incoming call #

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

Detailed call history with incoming call #

I lost the phone, so I lost the contact, sms, call history of a very important number.

I used to be able to see all call logs online, this was not there anymore.

Now the bill only shows the incoming call at certain time,but not the number it called from.

Don't tell me about the privacy nonsense, it is a personal phone number made without hidding the caller ID.

And as far as I can tell, koodo has the complete call logs.

***Edited to add Labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Detailed call history with incoming call #

Hey there!

We don't display the incoming numbers for security and privacy reasons.

There's a few ways to get that information, and they all involve legal procedures.

-With a warrant from Police and / or government agency issued to Rogers/Fido Law Enforcement Support Group.
-With a subpoena issued by a court to Rogers/Fido Legal department.

I'm sorry our policy is in conflict with what you are looking for, I wish I could change it so you can retrieve your lost number.

If that's a number that you had in your contact list, did you try checking your email accounts? Google usually syncs all the contacts with your Gmail account. Apple is also really good with syncing your information with their server.

That might be something worth looking into? You'll definitely have more chance to get what you are looking for.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 19
Highlighted

@FidoManuel how do you explain @ETTLI screenshot of the Fido prepaid account that displays the phone number of not only incoming calls but also incoming text messages. It would appear Fido is contradicting it's own policy.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 19
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @DR10

When it comes to Prepaid, the number you see for the incoming calls and sms is your assigned number and not the number that reached you. You'll be able to see that on the details. 

We're here if you have other questions. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 19
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

How about outgoing calls?  Four phone calls and three times on the chat and I still don't have my details of calls.  I'm wondering if it's a language translation issue or do the people not understand that I want a bill that show the calls I make Including the phone numbers.

Had a Fido phone since December.  Worst customer service I have seen. I used Rogers Telus and Fido way back.  The guy at Costco told me you were the best deal. I'll makle sure I tell him about this so that he doesn't send customers to Fido.

Thanks Paul  21 months to go

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 19
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey pt58thompson,

Sorry you feel this way about us. Sad

The outgoing calls will show on your invoice after your download the invoice. Did you have a chance to take a look into the PDF online? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 19
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Wind Mobile and Telus show their clients "incoming callers" numbers. i've been asking and fighting with FIDO to release incoming calls numbers on the detail billing. 

I hope you "FIDO" can reslove this issue- and dont blame it on "compliance" and "company policy", FIDO has not upgraded there system like the rest.

And please do go ahaead and call WIND AND TELUS. And when you do, please report/ reply on this message board and verify that other providers do show the billing detail.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 19
Highlighted

I'm referring to "INCOMING CALLS"

i am a fido customer, and soon to be telus / wind just for this reason... incoming and text messages detail billing are shown with those two providers.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 19
Highlighted

If you want to make a change in how Fido denies us our complete incoming call logs I suggest you contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner here.

If someone calls me and allows the phones number to show Fido should not ommit it from our detail call log. I do not see that as a breach of privacy at all if that person do not want the phone number to show you can block it or just do not call.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 19
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello @FidoRanya since this post is a little old now, I was just wondering if there has been any changes to this or if the solution is still the same. 

thanks in advance

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 19
Highlighted

Hey @vern82!

The policy is still the same regarding billing details, only the outgoing numbers are provided.

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 19