cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detailed call history with incoming call #

ETTLI
I'm a participant level 3

I lost the phone, so I lost the contact, sms, call history of a very important number.

I used to be able to see all call logs online, this was not there anymore.

Now the bill only shows the incoming call at certain time,but not the number it called from.

Don't tell me about the privacy nonsense, it is a personal phone number made without hidding the caller ID.

And as far as I can tell, koodo has the complete call logs.

***Edited to add Labels***

19 REPLIES 19

I'm a participant level 1

Yes all details 

vern82

Hello @FidoRanya since this post is a little old now, I was just wondering if there has been any changes to this or if the solution is still the same. 

thanks in advance

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @vern82!

The policy is still the same regarding billing details, only the outgoing numbers are provided.

Hope this helps!

416snoopdog
I'm a participant level 2

Wind Mobile and Telus show their clients "incoming callers" numbers. i've been asking and fighting with FIDO to release incoming calls numbers on the detail billing. 

I hope you "FIDO" can reslove this issue- and dont blame it on "compliance" and "company policy", FIDO has not upgraded there system like the rest.

And please do go ahaead and call WIND AND TELUS. And when you do, please report/ reply on this message board and verify that other providers do show the billing detail.

FidoManuel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there!

We don't display the incoming numbers for security and privacy reasons.

There's a few ways to get that information, and they all involve legal procedures.

-With a warrant from Police and / or government agency issued to Rogers/Fido Law Enforcement Support Group.
-With a subpoena issued by a court to Rogers/Fido Legal department.

I'm sorry our policy is in conflict with what you are looking for, I wish I could change it so you can retrieve your lost number.

If that's a number that you had in your contact list, did you try checking your email accounts? Google usually syncs all the contacts with your Gmail account. Apple is also really good with syncing your information with their server.

That might be something worth looking into? You'll definitely have more chance to get what you are looking for.

pt58thompson
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

How about outgoing calls?  Four phone calls and three times on the chat and I still don't have my details of calls.  I'm wondering if it's a language translation issue or do the people not understand that I want a bill that show the calls I make Including the phone numbers.

Had a Fido phone since December.  Worst customer service I have seen. I used Rogers Telus and Fido way back.  The guy at Costco told me you were the best deal. I'll makle sure I tell him about this so that he doesn't send customers to Fido.

Thanks Paul  21 months to go

Hey pt58thompson,

Sorry you feel this way about us. Sad

The outgoing calls will show on your invoice after your download the invoice. Did you have a chance to take a look into the PDF online? 

416snoopdog

I'm referring to "INCOMING CALLS"

i am a fido customer, and soon to be telus / wind just for this reason... incoming and text messages detail billing are shown with those two providers.

If you want to make a change in how Fido denies us our complete incoming call logs I suggest you contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner here.

If someone calls me and allows the phones number to show Fido should not ommit it from our detail call log. I do not see that as a breach of privacy at all if that person do not want the phone number to show you can block it or just do not call.

DR10

@FidoManuel how do you explain @ETTLI screenshot of the Fido prepaid account that displays the phone number of not only incoming calls but also incoming text messages. It would appear Fido is contradicting it's own policy.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @DR10

When it comes to Prepaid, the number you see for the incoming calls and sms is your assigned number and not the number that reached you. You'll be able to see that on the details. 

We're here if you have other questions. 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Yes Fido only show all incoming calls as incoming calls and not the number. Fido said its for privacy reasons, which makes no sense because if someone call me and show the number then it should be listed if they call and block the number then I could understand Fido not giving you that.

Fido is the only provider I know that do this, my friend is with Bell and his call details shows all the incoming numbers that are not blocked. 

Fido is unable to provide numbers of incoming calls due to security and privacy reasons:

The originating phone numbers of incoming calls may only be released if :

• In compliance with a warrant from Police and / or government agency issued to Rogers Law Enforcement Support Group.

Koodo doesn't list incoming numbers, I just checked my Koodo bill to be sure. Smiley

ETTLI

@Frozen_ wrote:

Fido is unable to provide numbers of incoming calls due to security and privacy reasons:

The originating phone numbers of incoming calls may only be released if :

• In compliance with a warrant from Police and / or government agency issued to Rogers Law Enforcement Support Group.

Koodo doesn't list incoming numbers, I just checked my Koodo bill to be sure. Smiley

according to what I found, koodo has online usage stats.

Stop lying about the privacy thing, this is a screenshot that I have taken from a fido prepaid account, not only incoming call, but also incoming sms.

Furthermore, please explain what others say about wind and bell

I think you are just making up excuses because Fido kept the worst webdesigner for many years.

@KAPABLE-K wrote:

Bell shows the number, WindMobile shows the number Wind even shows the number if someone blocks the phone number you just wait 24hrs and go check the logs and you can get the number.

If somone calls me and show the phone number it should not be any privacy issues because the fact that they call and show the number. Now if someone calls and block the number Fido will not give it to you because that is a privacy issue but they will only give it to you with a court order.  

can you support me by provinding a bell or wind screenshot?

Thanks

There are no excuses to be made, on the Fido postpaid service incoming calls aren't available to be seen without legal escalation.

ETTLI

@Frozen_ wrote:

There are no excuses to be made, on the Fido postpaid service incoming calls aren't available to be seen without legal escalation.

First you are telling me it was due to security and privacy reasons.

When I proves your prepaid service is contradicting to your whatsoever policy, you want a legal escalation while you have no vaild reason?

BTW, here is the KOODO bill I found, and I have being informed that TELUS has the same thing. I wonder how you had checked your Koodo bill earlier to be sure?

@ETTLI I do not have access to Bell or Wind directly bell is a friend and wind is my cousin I can ask them. But here is a snap shot of a previous Bell bill I had from my friend.

bell.png

ETTLI

@KAPABLE-K wrote:

@ETTLI I do not have access to Bell or Wind directly bell is a friend and wind is my cousin I can ask them. But here is a snap shot of a previous Bell bill I had from my friend.

bell.png

Thanks,

Seems that it is now a fact that other companies but Fido postpaid had incoming calls display somewhere, then Fido postpaid has no exclusive reason of doing so. Atleast not a legal reason it was claimed to be!

Bell shows the number, WindMobile shows the number Wind even shows the number if someone blocks the phone number you just wait 24hrs and go check the logs and you can get the number.

If somone calls me and show the phone number it should not be any privacy issues because the fact that they call and show the number. Now if someone calls and block the number Fido will not give it to you because that is a privacy issue but they will only give it to you with a court order.