Chinese (or else) recorded call almost everyday !

I'm a Participant Level 2 PCIMPOTS
I'm a Participant Level 2

Chinese (or else) recorded call almost everyday !

Almost everyday, I am receiving a recorded call in Chinese (or else) ! This has been for months, now. Anybody else receiving this annoying call ? Every time, the source calling number is different. No way to stop this ?

Accepted Solution

Re: Chinese (or else) recorded call almost everyday !

Hey PCIMPOTS!

I know it's never fun to be getting unwanted calls. I, myself, have been receiving these type of calls from time to time too. 

Your best bet in this situation would be to report the callers to the to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre. You can reach them online or by calling 1-888-495-8501.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 15

Hey @jrobinson,

Welcome to our Community!

I really understand that having your voicemail filled with those messages must not be pleasant. 

The reason a call goes to voicemail when rejected is because of the way Unconditional Call Forward works when you have a voicemail option on your line. Calls are transferred to the voicemail if the number is busy, the call isn’t answered (which includes call rejection or simply letting the call ring without an answer), or your number is unreachable.

This being said, your feedback is definitely valued and we'll take care of forwarding it to the right people. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to let us know!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 15
I'm a Participant Level 1 PJB_Montreal
I'm a Participant Level 1

Is this issue unique to Fido? None of my friends currently on other Carriers have complained about anything similar.

PJB

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 15
Highlighted
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

@PJB_Montreal,

I have a friend on Freedom and he says he gets them all day once he showed me his call log and he had like 13 calls in one day but he does detailing and he advertise with the number so i'm not sure if that's why he gets so many.

I have a number with Fongo and I notice I get a few calls there also but I recently acquire that number from Fido and park it with Fongo.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 15
I'm a Participant Level 3 jimmer69er
I'm a Participant Level 3

Im getting deluged by this garbage 3-5 times a day and its filling up my voicemail as well. sppofing numbers using voip most likely but Fido needs to keep me happy and waive the change my phone number fee or lose me altogether.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 15
MVP
MVP

Hello Jimmer69er,

I think everyone is rather fed up about getting SPAM and SCAM calls from spoofed numbers. Unfortunately, there currently isn't much that any of the mobile providers can do to prevent them. 

While I'm not sure changing your phone number will reduce the number of spoofed SPAM/SCAM calls you receive, you should note that there is no charge if you do the change yourself via My Account (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 15