cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant upgrade online

ricky44
I'm a participant level 2

Ive been trying to upgrade my device online and it keeps giving me this message when I try to upgrade

We're sorry, this information is currently not available online. If you need help with your account, please call 1-888-481-FIDO (3436)
 Ive tried different browsers, I do not have a fido phone. Dont know why it wont let me through...I dont have a with standing balance. 
11 REPLIES 11

BadAndroid
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Trying to do the same..tho it seems that if you are not already on a contract with a device purchased with Fido you cannot use the Upgrade Option..

Seems Prepaid customers are also not able to upgrade.. 

Hey @BadAndroid

The upgrade option is available both for people who already have a phone purchased with us and for people with their own device.  If you're trying to upgrade your phone and are having trouble online, you should try clearing your cache and deleting your cookies.  If that doesn't work, you can contact us using any of the options you'll find here.  Alternatively, we can send you a PM here on the Community!

CherrySoul
I'm a contributor level 2

I too could not upgrade online. Tried several times on each of my fido phone, fido tablet and my laptop for two days. Called in and they said no one else had this issue. No i have huge charges on my invoice that should not be there. Very unhappy with fido.  

Hey @CherrySoul

It's certainly not how we want you to feel about us! Were you getting the same error message through each device?

Were you also using/trying different browsers?

CherrySoul

i didn't get an error message, i got to the "continue to the add ons" and the fido logo kept folding for 10+ minutes on each device. I tired chrome and brave browsers on each of the 3 devices. 

Thanks for the update @CherrySoul

Did you end up ordering the device via a rep? 

If not, we suggest trying again and if the problem persists contact us so we can open a ticket and order the device for you.

Keep in mind that another cause can be your internet connection, were you on the same Wi-Fi each time you tried? 

Hope that helps!

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @ricky44,

You just have to be patient and keep tying, the site is most likely getting too much traffic because of the current promotion.

ricky44

Trying from past 3 days and even at midnight it doesn't work showing an error.

Hello @ricky44

Although that's not the experience we want you to have, it's possible that it's due to the high volume we're receiving for the Black Friday offers and Holideals or an upgrade criteria isn't met yet. 

In this case, you can contact us here or we can send you a PM and we will look into this for you. Let us know what you prefer. Smiley 

Hello @ricky44,

There shouldn't be anything with your account that's keeping you from upgrading since we do have a higher volume at the moment.

You can always try clearing your browser history/cache to see if that helps. 

You can complete your upgrade by contacting our customer service here or we can send you a PM.

ricky44

hi fidofrancois i am trying for last 7 days, but i don't think its coz of black friday, even i contacted through live chat support also they dont figure whats going on with my account.