Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

SabrinaMaffini
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

On December 21st I'll come back to Italy so I wanted to cancel my Fido services.
Is it necessary to call or is it possible to do it in a store?
Thanks in advance
13 REPLIES 13

Goekay

Hey FIDO Team,

since I moved back to Germany I don't need my FIDO prepaid plan anymore. I already called the Support but they wanted a 10 digit number which I couldn't figure out.

Can somebody help me to close my account and cancel my prepaid moblie phone plan.

sincerly,

Gökay Kaya

Hello Goekay,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you won't be returning back to Canada in the near future. When you spoke with support, was the 10-digit number they requested your phone number?

Generally, when cancelling services, you would need to contact customer service. However, since you have pre-paid services, it will automatically be deactivated if  your account balance remains $0 for 6 consecutive months (see Terms of Service; section 7c). You might consider cancelling any automatic top-ups, though.

If you would like to discuss your situation, you would need to contact Fido's dedicated pre-paid service line (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Goekay

Hey Cawtau,

I won't come back to canada any time soon. I would like to cancel my mobile phone plan immediately, so is there a possivility to call the support service from germany without any charges.

thank you

Gökay Kaya

Hello again,

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to call the pre-paid service line without charges. While the line is technically toll-free, it is only free from charges from within Canada (possibly US as well). Calling the number from abroad would likely incur long-distance charges from your service provider. On the other hand, if you called them using your Fido phone number, the call would likely be considered roaming and charged accordingly. You can view the roaming rates here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

aar22on
I'm a participant level 1

I have moved back to my home country for a while and i don't think i'll be in Canada for a while.
I'd like to cancel my account without having to call internationally to Fido, if thats possible.
let me know what i can do here

Thanks!

Hey @aar22on,

I have moved your post in this thread as it is about the same topic. You'll find the answer in the solution provided above.

Let us know if you'd be interested in suspending your account temporarily.

To add, we do offer the possibility to call from abroad as well. 

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey SabrinaMaffini!

Welcome to the Community! It's too bad your first post is about closing your account. We'll be sad to see you go! 

Are you leaving Canada permanently or are you planning to return in the future? If you're going to be coming back, you may have the option to suspend your account for up to 12 months.

In order to close your account, you will need to get in touch with customer service. It's not something they are able to do in store so if you go in to a store, they will have you call in.

That said, you do not necessarily need to call. If you prefer to contact customer service through a different channel, you can. There are lots of ways to reach out to customer service and you can find them all here. Alternately, we can also send you a PM here. Let us know if that's what you would like to do!

SabrinaMaffini
Hi FidoAmanda,
Thank you for your answer.
Unfortunately I will leave Canada permanently, so I need to cancel the services.
It is possible for you to send me a PM here?
Thanks for your help

Alright, no problem Smiley

I'm sending you a PM so we can go over the options together! 

See you there.

ondrejves

Hi, i'd like to ask for the same.

I'd like to cancel my Fido services, for I'm already in czech republic and even I was happy to use Fido Roam abroad for travel, I need new services in europe, where Fido doesn't operate localy, only on Roaming.

Can you please send me a PM in here?

Thanks

Hey @ondrejves,

I just sent you a PM to complete the process with you.

Pei-Hsuan

Hello,

I would like to ask how can I cancel my monthly plan since I'll leave Canada soon.

I've tried several times to call the service *611, but it didn't work.

Is there any method to cancel the plan online?

Thank you so much!

Sincerely

Pei

Hey @Pei-Hsuan!

Welcome to the Community! It's too bad your time here will come to an end soon!

I've moved your post here since it's related to the same subject. You can find the info you need in the solution above, including all the ways you can get in touch with customer service. 

Calling 611 is one of the ways you can reach us and it should be working. What happens when you call?