cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send sms

jabarcena
I'm a participant level 2

Hello, my phone is a samsung s8. I can receive texts, make and send calls, data works too. However I can't send texts for over 2 weeks now.

Things I've tried:

-turned on and off phone.

-making sure msg centre number is right.

-factory reset

-tried sim in other phone

-safe mode

-disabled app permissions with sms

-called fido support line, did the phone sms reset thing (the one where they turn off your phone, and you turn it back on yourself after a short while), twice.

-went on fido chat support, told me to call fido support line.

-msg samsung support forums, told me to check carrier.

-changed sim at kiosk.

-turned on and off my lte, wifi, bluetooth,... any connection.

None of it worked and I can't pinpoint the problem. Its not the phone and not the sim. Maybe texts that got caught in transit? I tried to trace back my last texts before it stopped working, and I think it might have stopped working when I sent a group text with a weblink to my friends.

4 REPLIES 4

FidoFaiza

Hi @jabarcena,

Look like you have done pretty much everything from your end to try to fix the issue. We have no reports of any issues with text messages so it's definitely odd that the problem is still going on after two weeks. 

Do you get any error message when you try send a text? Also, is your S8 a Fido phone or an unlocked one? 

Let me know and we will take it from there. 

jabarcena

I don't get an error message at all. When I send a text, a little circle to show it is processing pops up like normal but takes a bit longer than usual. Then it goes away and a timestamp shows on my phone as if it was working like normal but the texts are still aren't received by anyone(including myself).

It is an S8 provided by fido.

It's a gut feeling, but I feel like maybe that the group text I sent with a weblink might have been caught by a spam filter of some sort? which could have caused a "lock" of my outgoing messages?

That could be possible @jabarcena. We'll have to take a closer look at things!

Do you have recent examples of texts sent but never received on the other end? 

We'd need need at least 2-3 examples with these details:

- Number texted

- Date and exact time

- Your location at the time

If you have this, please contact us or let us know and we can send you a PM here on the Community to assist further Smiley

jabarcena

Hello! The problem is fixed!

For those who are having the same problem. Try out the things above and then create a discussion here and the moderators will accommodate via private messages.