how to change to unlimited call plan

I'm a Participant Level 1 Feyfey221
I'm a Participant Level 1

how to change to unlimited call plan

I brought my own phone and I have 500 minutes but it turns out I need more minutes in a month than that. Would I have to pay off my tab if all I want to do is upgrade my minutes to unlimited? 

Accepted Solution

Re: how to change to unlimited call plan

Hello Feyfey221,

Welcome to the community!

If you brought your own phone, you would likely have gotten a bring your own phone (BYOP) plan. Those plans do not have any subsidy attached to them and are not available on contract. Did you get a BYOP plan or one with subsidy included (ie Small, Medium, etc)?

Regardless, even if you have a subsidised plan, you should be able to upgrade your plan within the same subsidy level. That is, if you have a Small plan, you should be able to change to a different Small plan without having to pay off the balance of the phone first. Similarly, you should be able to change a Medium plan for a Medium plan, etc.

You should be able to change your plan details via My Account --> Usage & Services --> Mobile --> Change Plan.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
MVP
MVP
Solution

Re: how to change to unlimited call plan

Hello Feyfey221,

Welcome to the community!

If you brought your own phone, you would likely have gotten a bring your own phone (BYOP) plan. Those plans do not have any subsidy attached to them and are not available on contract. Did you get a BYOP plan or one with subsidy included (ie Small, Medium, etc)?

Regardless, even if you have a subsidised plan, you should be able to upgrade your plan within the same subsidy level. That is, if you have a Small plan, you should be able to change to a different Small plan without having to pay off the balance of the phone first. Similarly, you should be able to change a Medium plan for a Medium plan, etc.

You should be able to change your plan details via My Account --> Usage & Services --> Mobile --> Change Plan.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2