cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send SMS

FlyingDragon
I'm a participant level 3

Just realized I cannot send any SMS message but I have been receiving them after switching to Fido from another provider. I tried it on both iOS and Android. Same result.  Is it a problem on my side or it is a Fido issue?

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @FlyingDragon , you may need to remove your sim card and restart your device without the Sim. Then turn your device off reinstall the Sim and turn it back on. That should help migrate the new settings to your device. Otherwise you can reach out to technical support,  call *611 from your device and request a network reset. Here are the various ways to contact Fido's customer support. Hope it's a quick resolution 

FlyingDragon

I guess I did something similar. I put in my old sim and then put the new sim back in. It seems to do the trick.  

FlyingDragon

Unfortunately, what I said about finally able to send message brings another problem that I could no longer receive text message from real people. I could receive text message from bank or other bots that send verification messages. 
Eventually I had to call support and they sent some data to my phone to fix it. 

Hey @FlyingDragon !

Thanks for updating us on the situation. Smiley 

Is everything resolved now? 

FlyingDragon

Yes