Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing dispute

rishabh18247
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, 

I am a fido customer and I like fido services when its being one or two weeks after I bought the fido sim. As I am new to the country, I don't know much about fido, rogers and any other companies but I bought fido because I was referred that fido is best. Its my mistake that I believe on the person who referred me, moreover, I did another big mistake that I trust a "Fido Agent". I was told that you're getting every notifications about when you're about to exceed your "data limits" as well as "your international calling limits". Even there is a data protection coverage plan with 1000 long distance minutes but when I call internationally to india most probably, I was expecting that fido will notify me when I am close to the limits but It never notifies me even once. And, as I am new to country, I did not know about how to use fido app and how to check all the things in the fido app. The agent did not explain me anything about that and how you are treated with fido services. I was happy at first but when I call customer care, they again misguided me, told me the wrong things, at this time I again believe them and move forward. But, when i get to know from other fido users that the things that i asked from fido was totally different from the replies of other fido customers. Then I realised, fido is misleading and I feel that fido is dishonest, they're having lack of knowledge. If they are not sure about the things then they should tell their customers the true thing rather than telling them the lies. 

Now, the story is what is like the most dangerous thing happened to me, its only because I trusted fido. As I came to canada as a student and caught in a big trap called "A fido trap" that screws their loyal customers like a goat in the trap. The trap is that fido sent me a huge amount of bill without notifying me about the exceeding usage. As I never got the notification from fido, then how would someone know that they are exceeding their limits. Even I can check my long distance minutes by tracking it on my phone but I get to know tis feature to track your minutes after I received my bill. Now, what to do with this thing? as now I got the bill. Its not my mistake as your agents never told me how to track the minutes. If I was notified even once from fido, then why the hell am i call to somebody internationally. Neither people like to do something that was over ride his whole life. As a student how i will manage the huge amount only for a phone bill? Paying a large amount just for a phone bill its not a joke at all, even it was not my mistake at all. I needs their atleast two month pay i guess. Moreover, due to corona virus, I don't have a job that fulfill my requirements. Many businesses are closed due to lockdown. 

The story did not end here, I want somebody to reply me as soon as possible before my blling due date ( 13 march). I call fido customer care to explain my bill, so they transferred my call to your credit operation department, and when i talked to someone there they told me something totally different thing from other agents. The things they told not matches to others statements even one percent. So, eventually I was get to know that how fido dishonest is. How their agents has lack of knowledge and they are about to misguide their customers. 

I was not able to pay the amount because I don't have sufficient money even i was not notified once. If I get the the warning or any information, then I would stop at that time. But, this is how your agents treat their users to inefficient knowledge.

8 REPLIES 8

EG8

Hi @rishabh18247,

How was this issue resolved? because i am in the same problem now. I have a bill of 1500$

I made international calls thinking the LD minutes will cover it.

If only the agent had spelt it out in black and white.

Please let me know.

rishabh18247

Hi,

I had talked to the office of the president,

You can reach out through customer service agent, you can trll direct me to the supervisor or the president, and you should tell your problem and with that i got about 50% off on my bill. But, i still have to pay the rest.

Hello EG8,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've incurred unexpected charges. I cannot speak as to what was discussed with the agent.

With regards to those minutes, you should note the 1000 International minutes is a promotional offer and not a part of any plan details. If the duration of the promotion was not outlined when it was received, it's end-date would have been provided in your bill a couple of months prior to its actual termination.

Are you aware that those promotional minutes only apply to calls to certain Countries? You can view the included Countries here.

It is also important to note that those calls using those 1000 International minutes are not necessarily free. All calls using mobile services incur Airtime charges plus long-distance charges, if applicable. Those 1000 International minutes are only for the long-distance portion of calls. That is, airtime charges would still apply. If you have a plan with a limited number of airtime calling minutes, excess airtime usage would incur additional costs -- even though there may be available International minutes remaining. For example, if you had a plan with 500 Canada-wide minutes (airtime minutes), making 600 minutes of calls to Countries included in those 1000 International minutes would require an excess usage of 100 airtime minutes.

I understand this is a difficult time and receiving such a bill even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider arranging a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations team. It should be mentioned that a payment arrangement might not be available in all situations.

I also understand you have already contacted customer service. However, this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you would like to further discuss your situation, you would need to re-contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

sahilpatel00077

hello, @rishabh18247 is there any updates on your status, as this is the same problem with me. fido fraud company never notify their customer of their usage, simply throw the bill of $1772.68 at the end of the month, and when you call the care it's very disappointing.

when I asked that why the bill haven't stop beyond certain limits or bar which the law for telecom regulatory policy CRTC 2013-271 states (the wireless code) they replied me that this is because I pay the bills regularly which bringing my good credit, assuming the "trap company" that I need service without notifying me. so basically their system will allow you to exceed the limit without notifying you if you pay all the bills regularly. 

people should know how this is a trap, the way a company looting loyal customer. 

FIDO look into this serious matter.

please let me know what to do..?

Hello Sahilpatel00077,

Sorry to hear you've received that unexpectedly high bill amount. I assume your charges are in relation to additional long-distance minutes.

@sahilpatel00077 wrote:..why the bill haven't stop beyond certain limits or bar which the law for telecom regulatory policy CRTC 2013-271 states (the wireless code) ...

It's unfortunate that you did not fully comprehend the details of the Wireless Code. The caps outlined in the Code only refer to data overages and roaming charges. It has always been the customers' responsiblity to monitor their own voice and messaging usage.

It is not necessary to cap voice or text messaging service charges since the use of these services is generally well understood and managed by consumers. ~ The Wireless Code; point 127

...it considers that a requirement to provide usage notifications or usage monitoring tools is not the best solution to prevent bill shock. ~ point 124

I understand that you might not have been aware of your excess usage. While Fido does not provide notifications for additional long-distance usage they do provide a means of monitoring call usage (ie My Account app).

You should note that some customers do have credit limits applied to their accounts. However, those credit limits have nothing to do with the Wireless Code. Generally, people with good credit (not requiring a credit limit) tend to be aware of the need to monitor their usage.

I understand this is a difficult time and your situation makes receiving such a bill even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider arranging a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations team.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Ssndra

Bad fido charging me for use of a phne i didnt get

Hi @Ssndra

Can you provide more details about what happened exactly so that the community can help you? 😊

FidoAnthonyZ

Hello @rishabh18247,

I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience, it isn't our intention. We do our best to give you the most precise information and tools so you never have an unexpected bill. 

If you still need help going over your charges or if you have any questions on how to use your Fido app, feel free to contact us over these methods.