cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BY THE MINUTE plan gone?

bn880
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, I can no longer find reference to the by the minuite plan on the website, what's the deal?

Thanks

47 REPLIES 47

Hey iceey_blu!

I've moved your post to this thread since this is where you'll be able to find all the info you're looking for. Smiley

beartastix

Hi, I'm new to Fido prepaid and I didn't know about this change.  I just refilled my account with $100 but I actually want to be moved to this new $10 plan.  How do I go about this?  I can't seem to subscribe to it through the site.  Please help!

Hey @beartastix!

What plan did you activate with? Was it the by the minute plan? 

We do have a $10 plan, you can check it out here.

If you'd like to change your plan, you can reach out or let us know and we'll send you a PM!

Let us know Smiley 

beartastix

I'm just on the by the minute plan.  And yes please, I would like to get on that $10 plan Smiley

Alrighty, we can get it changed for you!

I'll send you a PM, see you there Wink

ZeroUrashima514
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Oh god, you're serious...

I converted my phone to 3gbs data line to have the airtime which was over the limit converted to credit but I didn't know the By the minute plans are over. I got a new SIM Card and wanted to open a new by the minute line but I guess I have to look else where.

Only reason why I sticked along with Fido was because the unused minutes stack up and the cash I charged all go to the airtime...

Maybe I should just use Fongo... My phone is just for emergency anyway... 3Gbs should be more than enough to support that line

Scooby-Doo
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @iceey_blu Welcome to the Community:smileyhappy: you will need to migrated your plan here are the info provided by @FidoMaria sorry I did not know how to link her response otherwise then paste it here for you 

Starting February 1, 2018, Prepaid customers on the By the Minute will be migrated to our new $10 By the Month plan. This plan comes with 50 minutes and 50 text messages. This price plan will offer more value to customers for their monthly top-up. A few things to note:

• The migration will only affect customers who top-up with $10 per month on the By the Minute plan.
  • Your plan will not change if you regularly top-up with an amount greater than $10.
  • If you’re using the By the Minute plan with a data add-on, you won’t be migrated to the new $10 By the Month plan.

bn880

What if I normally top up with $100 when my balance is about to expire?  Will my plan remain on by the minute?

Also, can I register another phone on by the minute before Feb 1st?  Can a new customer do the same?

($10.75 per month is not a better value for my parents, or an emergency only cell, it's a worse value - higher cost in that case)

Edit: additionally, when were you going to inform your customers of this change? Especially those on pre-paid?

Thank you.

stephenso
I'm a contributor level 2

Same here.  $10.75 per month is not a better value/deal.  It actually forces you to pay the same amount but not letting you to accumulate the unused minutes(money).  Every month is another $10.75 without the accumulation of unused minutes.
The expired By-The-Minute Prepaid Plan was the better deal.  I have been using it for a long time, it lets me to save the unused minutes/money in one month and carry over to the next.......now when I am trying to get it for my wife too, the plan is gone.   Sad

stephenso

With the new $10 By the Month plan.  It comes with 50 minutes and 50 text messages.  So it is 50 text messages in total?  In-coming messages are not free anymore?

Thank you.

That's correct, the plan offers 50 local minutes and 50 SMS.

It also allows you to send 50 text messages from Canada on the Fido network. Incoming text messages are always free whether you're on prepaid or postpaid. 

You can find all the details here.

Hey @stephenso

Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it! 

I understand where you're coming from. One of the reasons it was changed is that many customers had high unused balance. We offered this plan instead, so you can get the most value out of your refills.

Let us know if you have any other question.

egghead
I'm a contributor level 1

@FidoSairawrote:

Hey @stephenso

Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it! 

I understand where you're coming from. One of the reasons it was changed is that many customers had high unused balance. We offered this plan instead, so you can get the most value out of your refills.

Let us know if you have any other question.

It will be a good value only If Fido lets the customers pay the plan with the unused balance. It is not the case. Fido has charged my credit card, and I have over $400 in balance.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @egghead!

We do have different options available to help you manage your balance :).

You can trade-in a portion of your current balance to extend the expiry date of your account. If you take advantage of that offer, you will not need to refill your account for 6 or12 months, depending on which offer is available to you. During that period, your remaining balance will be used toward the cost of your plan. This will enable you to use some of the balance that you've accumulated without having to worry about refilling every month to keep your balance from expiring.

To better assist you can let us know which Prepaid plan you're currently on and what method of payment is used to refill your account?

egghead

Is there a limit on the trade-in? my balance will expire on Jan 2019.

Hey @egghead, do you mean when this offer expires? We don't have an expiry date yet Smiley

egghead

Sry, I mean the max. that I can trade-inTongue

@egghead, customers with a balance of $150 or more can trade-in $100 to extend their account expiry date for 1 year.

I hope this answers Smiley

egghead

Ok, my question is that can I trade-in $300 to extend my acouunt for 3 years? Will that, my account will expire on Jan, 2022.

That's not an option, sorry, @egghead.

egghead

So, what is my option?