‭(844) 277-6920‬ call?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3
I'm a Participant Level 3

‭(844) 277-6920‬ call?

Hi,

Got the call from ‭(844) 277-6920‬, searched and found out that people are complaining it’s a scam but it’s a fido telemarketing number, when picked up nobody answered and got hanged up. Why i got this call? 

Accepted Solution

Re: ‭(844) 277-6920‬ call?

Hey @kn11

This is the phone number one of our telemarketing teams uses.  They most likely would have called you to make you a special offer.  If you want, you can wait for them to call back or you can contact us using any of the options you'll find here to have someone look at your account.  Alternatively, we can send you a PM.

Hope it helps! Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 63
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

If this IS a number calling from FIDO - you are REALLY pissing off your customers. This number has called me NUMEROUS times this week.  Most times they leave no message, just sit online and I can hear people in the background, then they hang up. One message said "hello? Hello? Hello?" and hung up. Are they supposed to show they were "online with the customer" for a certain amount of time? That is the only explanation for not leaving a message and just sitting there.

WHY are they calling? If they leave a message I might call back but I certainly do not answer phone numbers that I don't know. It is really getting me angry, and I've been a FIDO member since the 90's...but seriously consider switching if this doesn't stop.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 63
Highlighted

Hey @Ultragoddess5,

Welcome to our Community!

I'm truly sorry about your experience, that's really not what we want for our customers! That number is ours, we often have special offers and there should definitely be someone on the other end of the line if you receive a call. 

If you no longer wish to receive those calls, we can remove you from our Marketing list. If you'd like to go ahead with that, you can reach us here or we can send you a private message on the Community.

Let us know!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 63
Highlighted

This happened to me a few times today. The first time I talked to an agent and everything went fine, but then for the rest of the day I got 4 more times from the same caller, and the call disconnected after I pick up. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 63
Highlighted

Hey @Ultragoddess5! Philippe here. Thanks for sharing. Smiley

Has this happened again since?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 24 of 63
Highlighted

Been getting these spam calls and hangups on multiple lines.  I am about to cancel two seperate accounts with fido.  Your customer support was atrocious and now you're spamming us!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 25 of 63
Highlighted

Hey @GB15!

We wouldn't want to see you go and we'd love to look into things with you. Those calls are from us but our intention is definitely not to spam. Our teams sometimes call you as they want to let you know about any upcoming promotions or offers for your account/

If you'd like, we can definitely look into your account to see what's available to you at this time. You can always contact us so that we can do that or if you prefer we can send you a PM right here on the Community. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 26 of 63
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

I've had 4 calls from this number this week, as others describe each time I pick up, the number disconnects and I am hung up on. I get enough scam calls as is, lets not have Fido, my service provider, added to that list

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 27 of 63
Highlighted

Thank you for your feedback @jasonhunter8. We certainly don't want that to be the case for you. Were you left any contact number for a callback?

If you want us to take us a look at your account, you can contact us as Nick mentioned above. We can also remove you from our Marketing list going forward if you wish.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 28 of 63
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I got a call just now - answered. The person started talking with "Hi I'm ........" and it disconnected. Not sure why  they called? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 29 of 63
Highlighted

I blocked the number as I was getting several calls per day. Please remove me from the marketing list. Thank you.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 30 of 63