cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20 Years with Fido

Kenny13
I'm a contributor level 2

I have been with Fido for almost 20 Years.  Coming up this December.

You can say that I have been a very loyal customer.

For the first 10 years, Fido actually sent me a SWATCH as a gift.  That was really nice of them.

I wonder if I will get anything from Fido for 20 years?

How many people out there has been with Fido for 20 years or longer?

14 REPLIES 14

Brynhendricksto
I'm a contributor level 1

22, almost 23 years here.  1998 with my first cell phone then switched accounts in 2000 but have stayed with them ever since early 1998.

We've had our ups and downs but they have been good to me overall. Sometimes I wonder how things went from the mid 2000's City Plan's unlimited talk time anywhere anytime that was meant to rival local landlines with our cells and only cost $50, to today's XXL plans that don't have either unlimited data or talk and that cost $125/month...

...and phones are over a grand. Sheesh.

has anyone else been with Fido this long? What has your experience been like?

Brigitta

I have same issue. 29 years with fido. Paying for 4 phones. But no upgrade given. Customer service wait time over 4 hours to get me nowhere. Why? Loyal customers should be given phone upgrades free of charge with renewed contract. 

Brynhendricksto

Fido has only been in existence for 24 years, but even that is a long time!

Hey @Brigitta,

We surely appreciate your long time loyalty and I assure you that we always want to bring the best deals to our customers.

Our Fido Payment Program allows you to spread the cost of the new phone over 24 equal monthly payments at 0% interest with an eligible plan. While most devices will not require a down-payment, some higher end devices may require one. If you're looking to upgrade for a device with 2-year agreement and a $0 upfront cost, we have different choices available and you can check them out here and see which device you prefer. 

If you need any help with your upgrade, don't hesitate to reach out to us and we'll look into it with you. 

Hey @Brynhendricksto

We're happy to have you with us for almost 23 years! Thank you for your loyalty Smiley

Brynhendricksto

Apparently not.  Customer Service won't even connect me to OOP when they won't assist on a renewal.  Wireless Code at least guarantees the ability to speak with a superior.  Customer Service says they won't connect me.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @Kenny13!

20 years is definitely a milestone! So glad to have you with us. Very_Happy We definitely appreciate your loyalty and hope for many more years to come!

Kenny13

20 Years with Fido has just come and gone.

No email or anything from Fido for being a loyal customer.

Loyalty is not what it use to be.

Brigitta

I totally agree. Been with fido 29 years. No upgrades. They don't care about loyal customers as they used to

Kenny13

Wow.  29 Years.  

You have been them almost when they started.

It's now over 21 years for me with Fido.  Nothing was every offered to me.

I keep reading about people who have been with Fido for less than 4 years have better deals than me.

All the plans I have read about, I had to call in and fight for it.  Even then, I still would not get the deal.

Loyalty does not mean anthing anymore.

Brigitta

Yes I have people getting amazing offers unlimited data and o down on phones. 45 bucks. I pay double that and disrespected. Loyal customers get ripped off. I started with the tiny iPhone and flip phones. Fido does not care. They do not honor there word and overcharge my 4 phones 

We value all our customers Brigita! Please note that all our phones are financed on Fido Payment Program plans. This means that the full price of the phone can now be paid in equal 24 payments.

Having said that, our offers change often and we have some great promotions. We suggest keeping an eye out on fido.ca to not miss out on any upcoming deals.

If you need help with your account, you can reach out to us through these channels

Brigitta

Brigitta pelcz

Wow! 20 years!

That's amazing, Kenny13 and we definitely appreciate it. 

Your account is old enough to drink. Wink