cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

168 credit

rhyza
I'm a contributor level 1

When I called fido customer service to inquire about phones for an upgrade..blah blah blah.. they said that there is an ongoing offer of $168 credit to my bill if i want to upgrade and  if I do it online . So I did it online and was expecting to get the 168 credit so I don't have to pay the $120 dollar for the phone that i just got but after waiting I didn't get the credit so I called fido again and was inform that I didn't get the credit because  I kept my old plan. They didn't mention that when I called that i needed to change my plan too..Im so disappointed fido! you should tell all the details to us and not skip the part that we needed to change our plans for us to avail the credit. 

16 REPLIES 16

runottorun
I'm a participant level 2

The agent you spoke to must not have known about the $168 credit offered January 14th to Feb 4th, 2020 to Upgrade your Device. This is separate from the Lunar New Year promo for adding a new line. Before placing the order onine, I called and spoke an agent who said each line in my account qualifies for the promo without changing plans.  

When I called about my missing credit (twice) I got the same response as you, that there was no offer.  But I kept all of my emails, interaction ID's and aslo I had taken a screen grab during checkout showing the banner which said I qualify for the offer. The last 2 agents I spoke to DID eventually find the offer after some "digging", and said the credit will show up on the 3rd bill after the promo. So hang tight, the credit might not show up until April's bill. I always check the fine print, and there was no indication that the credit would show up 3 bills later. I was told that if it doesn't show up in April, then I have to call again and they will credit manually.  I also have a transcript of the conversation, just in case. 

vovaca

same **bleep** here - upgraded my phone back in January 2020, had to call back bcs there was screwed up with voice mesaging and got confirmation that $168 will be applied in second/third invoice. now got my march (second)  invoice - no credit. called fido, CSR said - oh you did not click on 'proper' button, so you are not qualified. Asked to email me details of prome - told that they cannot send emails. catch 22. good job fido. 

rhyza

They will just keep going around the bush when you reach out to them so there's no point. They will just say we will look into...blah blah...we need to ask you more questions..blah blah blah.. in the end they will not give you the credit because you didn't do this and that...

Hey @rhyza

I assure you that we're always doing what we can to help. If you still want to take a second look, you have the option to contact us here for any servicing request regarding your personal account. 

Thanks for the details @vovaca!

If you were eligible for the promotion, that would certainly be the case. Given your situation, we'll have to take a closer look at your account to see what your options are. I suggest you contact us here for that or we can send you a PM from the community for assistance.

As it stands, if your plan wasn't eligible for the promotion, the credits will never appear on your invoice.

Hey @vovaca

To better understand the scenario here, I'll need to ask a few more questions. Can you confirm if you were on an in-market plan as indicated in the promotion's conditions during your recent hardware upgrade? 

Do you remember if the credit as displayed on your order summary during the checkout page? 

vovaca

Credit was not displayed, so I called CSR and I have been told to relax as credit will show up on my second or third bill.

AnSo
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am in the same boat. I upgraded my phone on January 20th, tried to read all the conditions and details about the offer (which were actually pretty vague and hard to find if I recall correctly), and also read online that the credit will likely be applied on the 2nd or 3rd bill after the upgrade. I was then expected to see it on my March 2020 bill, but so far nothing... I am really disappointed as this promotion played a big part in my decision to renew my plan with Fido for 2 more years.

Hey @AnSo! Thanks for sharing. Smiley

I'm sad to read what happened to you via the promotion, but we'll be happy to take a closer look with you. As we need to access your account for this, please contact us here or you can request a PM from the community.

We hope to talk to you soon!

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @rhyza!

These promos are usually applied within 2-3 invoices so we do have some questions to ask in order to confirm things.

Can you let us know how long it's been since you did the upgrade?

Also, when you were ordering the phone, did you see the promotion and the discount in your shopping cart during checkout?

Let us know and we'll go from there.

rhyza

I upgraded my phone last February 3,2020. 

I didn't see any discount when I checked out because I thought it's going to be deducted in my next billing but then when I received my bill for March 2020 nothing was deducted that's when I called fido customer service to ask and the nice lady informed me that because i didn't change my plan I wasn't qualified for the promo. 

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @rhyza,

Thanks for letting us know. The promotion in question was available with new activations or handset upgrades on fido.ca or participating stores and you would've had to have an in-market plan in order to be eligible to the promo.

If you had an older plan and you didn't switch to an in-market plan during the upgrade, then then promo didn't apply which is why you hadn't seen it in your cart at checkout.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have questions about this.

rhyza

That's the problem they did not mention any in market plan when I called. 

Hello @rhyza! We'd need to have a look into your account to figure out what happened. You can reach out to a representative here. Let us know if you want us to send you a PM here instead. 

rhyza

Hello again! 

I already mentioned in my past comment what  had happened. I know I have a mistake in my part to trust what the customer service told me about the promotion and not double checked the conditions before I checked out but the problem is they did not mention the most important one that i need to change to in market plan as well to get the promotion.

Thank you for the information @rhyza!

The details of the promotion were also available on our website at time under the ''Promotions'' tab indicating which conditions had to be met in order for customers to qualify for the credit. Did you browse through fido.ca to check the offer?