cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$150 Amazon Gift Card in 30 days, 6/7/8/11wks???

Damian72
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hello, 

I've signup for Fido internet on Sept 6 during a promo with $150 amazon gift. Initially the gift card was supossed to arrive in 30 days, upon follow up, I was told I should receive a link within 6 wks from registration. 6 wks passed...no card/link.

Called customer care on Oct 17, escalation ticket was created and was told in less than a week a link will be sent. Week passed on Oct 24...no card/link.

Chatted with support (via chat)  on Oct 24, agent advised that link will be sent by Oct 26 (Monday)...surprise, surprise still no card/link.

Today I spent 45 min on call, chatted with agent, agent advised me that I have to wait another 3wks....well done Fido!!!

Fido get your act together, I will cancel my account on Dec 8 if card/link is not im my mailbox in 4wks.

128 REPLIES 128

Adryano
I'm a participant level 1
Hello,

I have become a fido home internet client last September and I was supposed to receive a Amazon gift card of 150 cad. I never received the email about registration or anything that could possibly be related to that gift card and yes, I have checked my inbox, spam and trash. I have contacted fido 8 times, 6 of those times I was asked to wait 10 business days and one time 15, so I have been waiting for 75 business days now! I was told that you guys sent the registration email on November 17th and March 2nd, but I never received them. Then the support told I should get in touch with helloworld, but they never replied me! Anyways, I wanted to know if it is possible to send to another email because by now I want to try something else, or send by mail, just do something to solve this, please!

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Adryano

Welcome to the Community Smiley

I moved your message to this thread and I'm sorry to hear that you still have not received the gift card.

Seeing as you've already reached out to have this resolved, we'll send you a PM to follow up on the situation. Talk to you soon!

Jeffiu55
I'm a participant level 2

I joined Fido and activiated my internet service in mid Aug 2020 and was promised I will receive $150 gift card from Walmart or Amazon within few weeks. Now is almost 7 months past and I still have not receive the gift card or any email to register for it. I had numerous phone and chat conversation with Fido customer representatives and even the supervisor.  All they promosed was to escalate it with the vendor. They even gave me the email of the Vendor (hellowoldfulfillment) to follow with them directly.  The last email from them was on 22 Feb,2021 and is still under investigation. I wish someone from Fido can help me out.

Hey there @Jeffiu55

Welcome to the Community Smiley

I moved your message to this thread as it contain relevant info to your request. To better assist you, can you please confirm the following:

• Did you receive and complete the registration email since you last contacted us?
  • Have you received any communications  to your inbox or spam folder from:
    • fido@prepaiddigitalsolutions.com
    • fido@e.helloworldmail.com
    • fido@e.helloworldemail.com

Let us know!

Jeffiu55

Hi Saad,

I never received any email ask me for registration as I was told to expect it when I signed up with Fido.

I never received any email from the 3 email addresses sent to my inbox or spam folder.

Thank you for following up for me.

Hey @Jeffiu55! We'll send you a PM. 

jasjeet18

this is ludarcis. The reps here have been asking us to contact them and one has to spend hours waiting for chat opertors, only to be disconnected randomly. I can't even imagine trying get them on the phone. Signed up late Nov. and have been waiting ever since for the gift card. Guess what, the interent sucks as well - Nehbiourhood groups are full of Fido horror stories. Forget getting the gift card. If they can have enough people to man their chat lines, how can they do anything at all.

I guess next step is to contact CRTC and officially lodge a complian against this annoyance. Completly not worth coming back to Fido, savings be damned. Just not worth the headache. 

Hey @jasjeet18! Philippe here. I hope you're felling well. Smiley

I'm sad to read about your experience. That's certainly not the way we want you to feel!

I'll send you a PM shortly to assist you with that. Talk with you soon. Smiley

ndn1234

My Internet was activated on November 10, 2020 and I was told I will receive $150 gift card in 6 weeks. It has been more than 10 weeks and I've not seen the gift card. I'm thinking of canceling both services Internet and Mobile as Fido's phone and online support is taking so long to reach them. I'm not happy with Fido at all.

Hey @ndn1234,

We understand those delays for the gift card aren't pleasant and we sure wouldn't want to see you go. You can rest assured though that everyone that is eligible for the promotion will receive it, we're just experiencing additional delays due to the popularity of the offer. 

With this said, it shouldn't be difficult to contact us through one of the many channels through which we offer support, you can check them out here. 

I'll send you a PM here on the community though to check this out with you. Keep an eye on your inbox!

slof

I signed up for Fido internet in October and still have not received the gift card. Could someone help me resolve this?

Hey @slof

Did you make sure to check your spam folder to see if you received anything from us? 

Lchan2

Hi Sir,

I have registered the new internet service since sept 2020, called Fido 3 times about not receiving the Amzone gift card via email. 

PLEASE kindly follow it up for me

thanks

Hey @Lchan2

Welcome to the Community!

I moved your post in this thread here as it relates to the same topic. 

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look into this together. 

Lchan2

please kindly follow it up for me

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Lchan2!

We've replied to your other post on this topic and also sent you a PM Smiley

See you there! 

Kiz123

I signed up for internet service in mid September . There was an offer of $150 Walmart or Amazon gift card. I called customer twice regarding this matter. It's going on 15 weeks and I haven't received anything. When will I be receiving my gift card?? This seems to a common issue maybe Fido should stop advertising promotions they can't honour as that is false advertisement.

Hey @Kiz123

I moved your post here, you'll be able to find more information in the solution of this thread. 

Kiz123

Hi Claudia

Still waiting for my gift card? Been waiting four months now. How do I get my gift card?? 

Hello @Kiz123,

If you need help with your account, feel free to contact us over these methods and we'll be happy to help you receive your gift card.