cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home internet refund not working

Wheres_my_check
I'm a participant level 2

I canceled service on second day of period. 3 days later I was charged for full month, instead for two days only. I paid full because customer service agent told me "you have to pay full, then you will get refund". 3 months past and I still didn't receive refund. 4 times called to customer service, everytime hanging over 40 minutes. Problem still not solved. Agents telling me "check is sent", but I never received any check. Same story was 2018-2019, for a year I was waiting for check, calling every month! Never received! One smart agent cancel refund and gave me credit for my another account. What is the problem with your home Internet account refunds? Why only checks option? Why not refund to debit or credit card, like I paid to fido? And how many calls I have to do to get back my money?!

3 REPLIES 3

FidoSaira

Hey @Wheres_my_check,

Welcome to the Community!

I am sorry to learn about all the back and forth regarding your situation. Typically, a refund-cheque is issued within a couple of weeks of the cancellation and publication of your final invoice. The cheque is sent to the account holder and the address we have on the file. Just to confirm, did you move to a new address?

If a cheque was initially sent to you and you didn't receive it, we will make sure to cancel that one and send you a new one. That said, if you have another account with Fido, we can also request to transfer the balance there if you prefer.

Finally, when did you last contact us about this on the phone?

Wheres_my_check

Last time I called yesterday. This problem is going third month. Sorry but Canceling check and sending new one is nothing new for me, and will not help me. I HAD SAME PROBLEM 2018-2019, FOR A YEAR. Calling every month, canceling and sending me new check for a year long. Never any check received to my mail box. I didn't moved, but "service" address is different then my home/billing address. I received check for mobile phone account, but never for home internet. Probably fido is sending check to "service" address, but I don't have access to "Service" address mail box. Please don't send it, just give me address and I will come to pick up. Can You transfer to my wife (different name) internet account or to my fido prepaid account?

I understand that your past experience regarding this hasn't been a positive one and we sincerely apologize for that. It is definitely not how we want things to be! That said, we can only mail you the cheque and the balance cannot be transferred to a different account holder though.

Were you able to update your address to the billing address when you last contacted us?