Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home internet password

ParkHS
I'm a participant level 1

Hi there.

I activated home internet by myself. But I can not make a password. Because i can not find “easyconnect” network in my i phone. What should i do? Please help me!!

17 REPLIES 17

Ugochukwu1

The password does not seem to work: [assword

Hey @Ugochukwu1

If the default login credentials do not work, you'll need to reset your modem.

Have you had the chance to try the steps outlined above on this thread?

SarahScott

Hello, 

I am also tryng to get in to change my wifi name and password. 

However, this is not my first time, and I seem to have forgotten what username I created last time. There is no "forgot password" or "forgot username" option for the login when I follow the https://192.168.0.1 link. 

Could you advise? 

Thank you

Hey @SarahScott

Great question Smiley

If this happened, you'll have to reset the modem. Are you certain the username csuadmin does not work though?

To reset the modem :

1. Locate the Reset button on the back of the modem.
  2. Press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds.
  3. After 10 seconds, release the button. The modem should restart and the lights will flash.

Once the modem is finished restarting and is online the settings will be back to default. You’ll need to set it up your modem and Wi-Fi again as if it were new. You can get more details on how to do that here.

I hope that helps out! 

Love_johal

i forget my wifi password and I want to reset. How i can do that

Hey @Love_johal

Welcome to the Community!

I have moved your post in this thread as it about the same topic. You'll find the answer provided in the above posts.

iamjoy

Hi! How can I change my home internet password? Details pls. Thank you

FidoRuth
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @iamjoy,

I've moved your post to this thread where you'll be able to find the answer to your question.

Thank you !

FidoPamela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @ParkHS

Were you able to set your password? 

Keep us posted! 

FidoPamela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @ParkHS

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

If you didn't get the chance to change the password during the set up you can do that at any time though your modem settings. You can access them by launching a web browser and entering http://192.168.0.1

The default username is cusadmin and the default password is password.

From the main menu of your modem’s settings, select Wireless from the top navigation.

To change your Wi-Fi network name:

◦ Select the Basic Settings tab.
◦ Choose 2.4G or 5G, depending on which network you’d like to update.
◦ Enter your new network name (SSID) using the entry field.
◦ Click the Save Changes button.

To change your Wi-Fi password(s):

◦ Select the WPS & Security tab.
◦ Enter your new Password using the entry fields – there’s one for each of the two networks generated by your Fido modem.
◦ Click the Save Changes button.

Let me know if that helps! 

yowser

@FidoPamela wrote:

If you didn't get the chance to change the password during the set up you can do that at any time though your modem settings. You can access them by launching a web browser and entering http://192.168.0.1

The default username is cusadmin and the default password is password.

I know this is an old thread, but it came up first when I searched so I wanted to update. On my device (Hitron CODA-4582U) the label says User name: cusadmin, Password: (your Wi-Fi password).

I had changed my WiFi network (SSID) and password to our old network's (actually BELL### Smiley and the password from that network). AFAIK I didn't change admin password, but it was magically the one I'd assigned to BELL###. So it appears the default password is no longer "password" but rather whatever they assigned to the default WiFi network. Which is much safer.

BTW, I called the network BELL### because we have a whole bunch of devices that were set to that, and it was easier to make the Fido network BELL### than to change all those devices. It will probably cause confusion if a tech ever visits, so I stuck a physical label on the modem. Smiley

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for sharing @yowser and welcome to the Community Smiley

We did indeed update the set up process since then, and happy to hear you liked the improvement!

As a side note, the default password remains "password" for customers who have yet to set up their Wi-Fi password with Easy Connect

Cheers!

Ryan1981

I try to enter that address, but it keeps saying Safari cannot connect to that server.

lan7

I would like to have network name and password of fido for outdoors internet, thank you

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @lan7!

Do you still need help with this?

Could you provide us more details about what kind of info you're looking for?

FidoKarl
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @ian7

Welcome to the Community!

Can you clarify your question?

Hey @Ryan1981

Welcome aboard the Community!

Have you tried another browser?

You can also take a look at our quick video on how to change your internet password.