cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido internet cancellation gone totally wrong...

usernamechanged
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

I contacted support to cancel internet late Nov. Cancellation set for early Dec. It was cancelled but then I received a bill for a ONE DAY charge and modem rental fee for ENTIRE MONTH, even though it was canceled on my billing end date and modem already returned.

Also I returned my modem WAY before the 30 day allowed, in fact, modem returned and received by Fido already before the plan was even cancelled. Yet I just received an email asking me to return the modem or face $250 full charge for unreturned modem. Seriously??? I should have received a REFUND for the days unused instead of this.

When I was cancelling the plan, the rep on chat sent me a link to create a return label, so I did. Then 2 days after that email, I received another email with a Canada Post tracking number for the return, but the label doesn't even have my full address on it. So I used the label I printed first to return it, but now the email I received asking me to return modem shows the tracking number from the SECOND email.

Can a mod please help me. Who can I PM? Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Miz
I'm a participant level 1

This is very confusing.  A modem return gone really wrong.  Firstly, I switched to Rogers from Fido.  The Rogers customer rep told me that I would receive a label from Fido to return the modem and that he would arrange all of this for me.   I waited and nothing came either by email nor regular post.  I then proceeded to contact Fido and advised that I was cancelling and that Rogers was suppose to be advising them accordingly.  I also explained that the equipment was ready for shipping and he told me that he would send me a shipping label via email from Canada Post.  I received the email label from Canada Post and returned the modem accordingly.  I have since received confirmation that the package was delivered.   In the meantime I have received an email from Fido with yet another shipping label.   I have checked my account which was overpaid by myself in the amount of $67.00     I noted that the account does not show the cancellation nor the equipment return.    I then reviewed the receipts for shipping the modem and note on the label portion of the receipt that it is to Rogers Ignite and not Fido.    I have no idea why I was provided with that label unless possiblly that Rogers looks after the Fido equipment?   I'm totally confused and would like to solve this.   Was my equipment delivered to the wrong place and if it was, how do I correct this horrible modem return gone wrong.  

Alqasrani

This is very frustrating and unprofessional coustmer service for Fido, I have canceled my account 3 times from fido and still not canceled,  I returned the modem to Fido store on November 4, until now is active the account.  I did not receive any confirmation from Fido customer service.  I lost my receipt and I am getting email from Rogers to return the fido modem. Fido customer service and Rogers customer service are disaster there communication are very terrible. I wasted so much time calling and trying to get this done. I learned my lesson never losing my receipt. The Fido store lost the modem and don't know where it is. Shame on you Fido and Rogers. I will try to finish my contract and move to Bell. I will move everything to Bell 

Hey @Alqasrani

We're sorry to hear that it hasn't been a smooth process for you. 

If you've returned the modem by store, they should give you a return receipt confirming it's been done in their system. Did you happen to receive it?

I'd suggest contacting us here to have us track your modem and figure out where it is!

Once we're able to confirm it's been returned to the warehouse, we'll adjust your bill accordingly. 

Hope this helps.

Hey @Miz,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sad to learn about this incident. It definitely shouldn't be processed this way. We'd love nothing more but to clear this up and make sure everything is done correctly.

You can reach out to customer care to get started.

Modenreturn
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I have exact same issue. I followed the  instruction  from  the first  Fido  email  to print  a return label  and  shipped  the modem with a tracking number  which is different  from  the  tracking  number received two  days  after  by  Fido email.  The  modem  has been returned  and  delivered  to  Fido but  I am  still getting  emails  from Fido  saying that  the  modem  has  not  been  returned. the reason is  only  that  the tracking number I generated from  the first  Fido  email instruction  is totally different  from  the  tracking number send by  Fido system two  days  later through an email. Please help!

Hey @Modenreturn,

Welcome to our community Smiley

If you sent the modem back with the waybill printed from first email and the tracking is different than the one received in the second one, it's not a problem at all. You can simply ignore the second email, this should also be stated somewhere in the second email. 

It's important to know that there can be a delay for the return to be processed at the warehouse though, especially now during the Holidays. 

If the return still hasn't processed on your account by now, please reach out to us and we'll be happy to look into it! Smiley

FidoSaira

Hey @usernamechanged

That does not sound right! Though just to confir, have you received your final invoice?

To clarify, unless your final invoice is issued, you might have pending charges or in your case pending credits. Those will generally be posted on your final invoice depending on the day you processed the deactivation of your services.

With that being said, you can reach out to us on these channels and we'll be happy to look into it Smiley