Phones and Devices
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Resolved! Will my phone work on the Fido network?

Hello,   Your device must be compatible with the Fido/Rogers network, which uses:   GSM ~ EDGE (2G) ~ on band 5 (850MHz). UMTS or WCDMA ~ HSPA (3G) / HSPA+ (4G) ~ on band 5 (850 MHz).   To access LTE, the device must be compatible with one or more o...

Cawtau by Senior MVP
  • 63 replies
  • 22 likes

FIXED no data on LG G6 after Android Oreo 8.0 update

Hello folks,   I've been struggling a bit so I post it here if you happen to have the same problem. I had no data on my LG G6 since Android Oreo 8.0 update, and tried a lot of things (reset to factory settings, removing SIM, etc...) What worked for m...

HommeCrabe by I'm a participant level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes

SMS/mms are slow

Why is sending sms and mms very slow sending and I don’t receive all messages in my Samsung galaxy s7? I’ve tried texting my own number and never received it.  I have also reset my device twice and it never did anything either. 

Mgleboff by I'm a participant level 3
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Old SIM card is invalid, switch SIM card

Hello guys,   Fido just delivered a new iPhone with a new SIM card to me. I want to switch from my old SIM card to the new one. I tried it so many times online in My Account but it keeps telling me that "your old SIM card is invalid". Can anyone help...

Huawei by I'm a participant level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

KeyONE security update

I am curious if there is a trick to get the BlackBerry KeyONE to update on the FIDO network? Rogers is showing they had a June security patch update, but my unlocked purchased from BlackBerry is still sitting on February's security patch even after t...

JoshB1980-06 by I'm a participant level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! New iPhone 8 + medium plan = no LTE

Just like subject says, I upgraded from an SE that hasn’t seen LTE anywhere in Vancouver (I live at 49 & Cambie and work downtown) for 4 months now. just upgraded to iPhone 8 and am still seeing no LTE anywhere in Vancouver. And As a Pokémon Go Addic...

Yarac by I'm a participant level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes