apple watch series 4

I'm a Participant Level 1 chrisliu0424
I'm a Participant Level 1

apple watch series 4

Apple just announced Apple watch series 4 yesterday!

For the GPS+Cellular, they support Rogers in this generation, since Rogers and Fido are the same company, does Fido support series 4 too?

Accepted Solution

Re: apple watch series 4

Hey @chrisliu0424

Welcome to the Community Smiley

We don't support Apple Watch.

We anticipate a lot of excitement around the new iPhone models and that is what we're focusing on. As of now, we don't have any updates on whether or not we would carry/support Apple Watch in the future. I'd suggest you keep an eye on fido.ca for updates on our products and services.

That said, you can buy the Apple Watch and pair it with a compatible iPhone using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, but not our LTE network. 

Hope this clarifies!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 3 Ankushp
I'm a Participant Level 3

So Roger’s which owns Fido is basically going to treat us who use Fido as inferior customers as compared to a Rogers user ? Those using Rogers get the Apple Watch while we don’t ...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 31 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 1 sayyeah

Hi there.

New Apple Watch Series 4 owner here. Is Fido planning to support cellular service this year, or do I need to start shopping for service elsewhere?

I’d love keep all our service here. Please let me know if support is coming. 

Cheers!

Lee

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 32 of 74

Hey @sayyeah

We don't want to lose you either😟

We still have not received any details! Stay tuned, we'll update you as soon as we receive more info! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 33 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 2 Jaysidd
I'm a Participant Level 2

A loyal customer, bought all phones from Fido and suggest many friends and they did too. 

All have same problem, Fido doesn’t support Apple Watch series 4. 

Why ? Rogers does that.. after all same company. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 34 of 74

Hey @Jaysidd

We definitely appreciate this level of loyalty in a customer and having you with us. As for the Apple Watch Series 4, we do not have any further information on this at this time. 

In regards to Rogers, it's important to note that though we're affiliated, we operate separately. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 35 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 2 Tomlaf

Good day Pierre,

you need to revise your relation with Rogers. 

As per your term and services :

Fido Terms and Conditions

1. Introductory Information
    1. How do the Fido Terms of Service apply to me?

These Fido Terms of Service (“Terms”) govern your use of:

1. the Fido services that you subscribe to or purchase under a service agreement or receive from or through Fido, including mobile and home services (“Services”); and
      2. any device or equipment used to access the Services or used with the Services (“Equipment”).

In these Terms, “Fido”, “us”, “we” and “our” means Fido, operated by Rogers Communications Canada Inc.

So, I’m sorry but all your legal document say you do are operated by Rogers and not only a « affiliate ». 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 36 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 1 ShawnNizzle

I’ve been with Fido since fido came to Canada, before clearnet became telus, and Cantel became Rogers, So it really sucks fido isnt up to the times supporting Apple Watch 4, I just got the darn thing, I can’t even use it on my cellular connection,  I even just purchased the new iPhone XS max, and Fido don’t even have support for the 2 different numbers Feature that the phone have, all the years I’ve been with Fido, Fido is always last to introduce anything, The only thing they were first to introduce was Sim card when they first came to Canada

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 37 of 74
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 debbiea

I'm really hoping that Fido offers cellular service for the Apple watch.  I just received the Apple watch 4 for a gift, and may have to change carriers because of seeking cellular service for my watch.  That would be a shame; I've been with Fido for almost 15 years!!  Terrible to end this relationship over something that can be rectified!!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 38 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 2 Tookie3k

WHEN WILL FIDO GOING TO SUPPORT APPLE WATCH 4?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 39 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 2 Tookie3k

WHEN WILL FIDO KNOW IF ITS GOING TO SUPPORT APPLE WATCH?

BECAUSE HONESTLY I'M WILLING TO LEAVE FIDO AND GO TO ANOTHER PROVIDER JUST SO I CAN USE THE APPLE WATCH.  IT'S BEEN A COUPLE OF MONTHS NOW AND YOU SHOULD HAVE SOME KIND OS ANSWER FOR US COMSUMERS.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 40 of 74

Hey @Tookie3k! I hope you're doing well. Smiley

Nothing has changed since our first reply on this thread. We do not support the Apple watch at this time.

Let us know if you have any further questions on this matter and we'll happily send you a PM. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 41 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 1 Bloodstriker

Ridiculous. I’ve been with Fido for close to 20 years. This lack of support of new devices has prompted me to start to look elsewhere. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 42 of 74

We’d really hate to see you go @Bloodstriker and we always want to offer the latest devices to our customers!

As @FidoSaira mentioned, with Apple’s newest releases we’ve focused our efforts on providing our customers with all the new iPhones as they have proven to be quite popular. At this time we do not support the Apple watch but customers can definitely pair it with an iPhone via Bluetooth in order to use it’s most popular features. 

If ever you’d like to go over your options for a device, don’t hesitate to reach out and if anything changes regarding support of the cellular version of the Apple Watch we’ll be updating Fido.ca Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 43 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 1 MorriC

This recent announcement should mean a change in this.  

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/12/05/iphone-esim-support-rogers-fido-in-canada/

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 44 of 74

Hey @MorriC!

We have no news on E-SIM right now. At this time, you can only use a physical SIM card for our services. We'll be sure to update everyone as soon as there are more details to share Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 45 of 74