apple watch series 4

I'm a Participant Level 1 chrisliu0424
I'm a Participant Level 1

apple watch series 4

Apple just announced Apple watch series 4 yesterday!

For the GPS+Cellular, they support Rogers in this generation, since Rogers and Fido are the same company, does Fido support series 4 too?

Accepted Solution

Re: apple watch series 4

Hey @chrisliu0424

Welcome to the Community Smiley

We don't support Apple Watch.

We anticipate a lot of excitement around the new iPhone models and that is what we're focusing on. As of now, we don't have any updates on whether or not we would carry/support Apple Watch in the future. I'd suggest you keep an eye on fido.ca for updates on our products and services.

That said, you can buy the Apple Watch and pair it with a compatible iPhone using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, but not our LTE network. 

Hope this clarifies!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 1 Mamo

When does Fido support Apple Watch series 4? Rogers came up with price plans. Are these going to be the same with Fido? I have been with Fido for 15 years and do not want to switch for such reasons.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 74
Solution

Hey @chrisliu0424

We don't support Apple Watch.

We anticipate a lot of excitement around the new iPhone models and that is what we're focusing on. As of now, we don't have any updates on whether or not we would carry/support Apple Watch in the future. I'd suggest you keep an eye on fido.ca for updates on our products and services.

That said, you can buy the Apple Watch and pair it with a compatible iPhone using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, but not our LTE network. 

Hope this clarifies!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 74

Re: Apple Watch series 4

Hey @Mamo!

Congrats on your first post. Smiley

I've moved you to this thread. It has the answers you seek.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 3 GuanxiongLiu
I'm a Participant Level 3

So please support e-sim for iPhones

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 74
Former Moderator FidoPamela
Former Moderator

Hey @GuanxiongLiu

We'll have more info on the eSim functionalities shortly. 

Stay tuned! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 3 GuanxiongLiu
I'm a Participant Level 3

Do you have an estimated time that when it would be announced?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 1 Ilias1

Im wondering why does Fido choose not to offer apple watch support? Rogers, which is your parent company, just announced support so its not a technical reason... ive been with you guys for more than 15 years... i wish that you made it simpler and offer the same tech options like Bell or Telus what are the reasons for holding back on offering this option... i puchased the cellular watch thinking it will be a question of weeks or months before you get onboard... but no sign and its almost a year...its frustrating and makes no sense.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 2 slavoie
I'm a Participant Level 2

@FidoPamela wrote:

Hey @GuanxiongLiu

We'll have more info on the eSim functionalities shortly. 

Stay tuned! 

Excellent. Shortly means a few days and weeks? not months or years? :D

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 74

Who knows! Smiley

Seriously though, we've requested more details on this and we should be getting an answer very shortly. We're all as excited as you are, but bear with us as the new Iphones are not yet launched and we'll be sure to post an update on this thread as soon as we have one.

Hope this clarifies.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 2 Jamie3

When will you announce esim Support for the Apple Watch Series 3&4 & new iPhones. I need an answer besides shortly. I think everyone here wants a date

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 1 Bendhiman

I think it is absolutely rediculus that Rogers/Fido are essentially the two companies are the same and the Fido portion of the company will not offer the service. Considering it is a simple as checking a tick box for all the Fido customers to get the same service as Rogers Clients. I will have to think about staying with Rogers/Fido it think this is a huge miss for your company. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 1 wallycelli

Now is obvius Fido don't support Apple Watch 4 and will not support it in the short term.

Right now I'm on contract, but as soon as the contract ends, I will switch to a provider supporting the Apple Watch LTE.

It's true that price is an important variable in when deciding service provider, but quality also plays a roll. Not giving support to a device that IS SUPPORTED by the network infrastructure Fido uses, is a big miss in service quality.

Also, I find very insulting that Fido answers about their support to the new iPhones when people are asking about the Apple Watch 4. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 74
I'm a Participant Level 2 Tomlaf

I'm an older client (15 yrs or so) and I'm getting tired of "we don't have news about it", "we ask our manager about it" or all the similar response we are getting in the last year. 

The question is becoming simple : will Roger (the parent corporation that has the network equipment, control the marketing, etc.) allows Fido customer to have access to new technologies at the release date ? 

It was iPhone X last year, eSim this one, will it be the same with 5G network in 2 years ?

If the view of the corporation is that Fido is a lower technical service provider at a lower cost than Roger, please just say it so we can make our selection of providers based on our need.

As the network is compatible with it, I really don't see other reason to limit access, but I'm may be missing something. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 74
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 mfinn

All a very good discussion. 

It's clear that Fido needs to address this now, otherwise it's customer base will start acting. 

Customer's simply deserve to know what their provider will offer.  If this were cutting edge technology (eSim / Apple Watch), a delay is understandable.  But a full year of 'more to come' is unessesary and (frankly) rude to the customer. 

The real head scratcher is that the infrastructure exists AND customers are actively requesting to use an additional paid service.  Take this as a gift FIDO - you'll generate more revenue and please your existing customers.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 74