Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive SMS verification codes

Gillian3
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

since I signed up with Fido I have not been able to recieve SMS verification codes that are sent when using apps such as Whatapp, Instagram, Uber etc. 
I am able to send and receive some SMS texts in general but not all. 
I have escalated this issue many times with customer support but it never goes anywhere. It is very frustrating when I come across another instance where I am locked out of something because I do not receive the code. I had my number stored on a website before I ported it over called NumberBarn. They said the port was successful however they said to ask if my number is stored as a Wireline instead of wireless as this may cause a problem. It is impossible to get anywhere when I call in so I am posting this here in hopes of help. 

thanks 

-Gillian 

7 REPLIES 7

HeidiB

I have the exact problem for 3 years now.

Two-step Verification do not work: I never received the codes via SMS although I get the phone calls with the codes (when the option is avilable). Second issue, I do not receive the SMS of about half of my contacts, and they dont receive mine.  Some online services I cannot register to because they return an error that my phone number is not supported!!!.... I have had the number for about 12 years.  

Hey @HeidiB Smiley 

Sorry to learn that you're having trouble sending and receiving some SMS. That's definitely odd! 

If this seems to be random and not related to some contacts in particular or a certain area that you're in, we recommend reaching out to customer service so they can look into this further. 

If necessary, they can also transfer you to our Tech Support team via Live Chat or over the phone. 

Hope this is resolved soon! 

Gillian3

I have an iPhone X. I have talked with technical support for hours walking me through the apple settings to try to get it to work. Nothing has worked. I believe it to be a port error 

Hey @Gillian3!

It is possible that this came about after the port in. Nonetheless, we definitely get how much of a nuisance it is to not get those texts. 

While our tech team couldn't provide a resolution for your existing number, did they offer you other possible solutions to restore SMS validations on your phone? 

Gillian3

no the tech bream didn't offer any solutions but it is important I keep the same number I have, would there be another solution to fixing this without changing my number?

Hey @Gillian3,

If your number was a Wireline or stored as a Wireline, it could be the cause of the troubles you're having getting those messages.

We'll need to take a closer look at the account so I'll send you a PM shortly. Talk to you there!

FidoAnthonyZ

Hello @Gillian3,

Welcome to the community!

You should be able to receive all short code services found on the list on www.txt.ca

What kind of phone are you using?