Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preorder Pixel 3 XL

Amatrx
I'm a participant level 3

Hello,

I reserved the Pixel 3 XL through Fido to be eligible to receive the Pixel stand form the offer:

Reserve the google Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL and get a Pixel Stand on us.

I pick it up on the launch day and activated it with a new 2 year plan.

Do people know how we receive those kind of Promo with Fido. I can't get the same information from anyone.

All form differents fido staff :

Somes tolds me I will receive a promo code in an email within days of the purchase.

Somes tolds me the promo code was in the box.

Others tolds the promo code is on the box.

One sure thing, I didn't get my Stand or a promo code.

Fido and Google support are no help whatsoever, they just keep putting the blame on each other saying it's not their promo.

For me, it's clearly a Fido promo since they force me to activate it with a 2 year plan to receive it. They modified the original promo form Google.

What should I do? What is your experience?

2018-11-07_17-02-26.png

The support

19 REPLIES 19

FidoPamela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Amatrx

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

Sorry to learn you've been having some trouble redeeming the offer. You should have received the code packaged with the device when you got it in store. Have you checked/kept the packaging for the code? 

Amatrx

Thanks!

As I remember, there was no packaging when the employee got it from the backstore, only the 2 sticker locking the box. We cut it open in order to activate the phone and do the first configuration. I only had my box and the contract when I left the store.

The employee told me that an email with the promo code was alredy sent on the reservation day or would be sent to me after the activation.

Linrichard
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

@Amatrx wrote:

Thanks!

As I remember, there was no packaging when the employee got it from the backstore, only the 2 sticker locking the box. We cut it open in order to activate the phone and do the first configuration. I only had my box and the contract when I left the store.

The employee told me that an email with the promo code was alredy sent on the reservation day or would be sent to me after the activation.

@FidoPhilippe 

I got mt pixel 3 on Nov 5 I didn't get the promotion code for the stand as well

Hey @Linrichard,

Welcome to the community Smiley

A PM is on it's way, talk to you soon!

The code was to be with the box. All the promos code we received were distributed based on the time we received the reservation until supplies lasted.

Just to confirm did you check back with the store to see if they had the code for your device?

Amatrx

I didn't checked back with the store. We talked about the code for a good amount of time before I left. I will drop a call to them!

There's a chance it may have been an oversight on their part and that they still have the code aside for you. Smiley 

Keep us posted on that! 

sdip69
I'm a participant level 2

Hey, not wanting to hijack the thread, but I had the same issue. Phone preordered, no code in sight. Called Google: told me to talk to Fido; called Fido, told me to talk to Google.

Hey @sdip69

Welcome to the Community!

You've posted in the right thread if you're facing the same situation Smiley

Did you end up picking your phone from a store? Normally, reserved phones are sent to a store you select.

If that is the case, I would suggest to follow up with the store as well. The store may have kept your code. 

sdip69

Hey @FidoSaira,

Thanks for the reply!

I went to the store the next day, after calling Fido and Google with no resolve. The store wasn't able to help, told me to call Fido.

I don't like being circled around, and I gave up on the $110 value of the Pixel Stand that Fido stole until I ran into this thread.

I am not happy at all with how your call center reps are handling this.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

We'll be able to look into it!

We're sending you a PM right away so we can look into it a little further Smiley

pnijjar3

Hi!

I dont mean to interefere either, but I faced the same problem. However I recieved my code and on the google store it said it was invalid. When I called google they said its a FIDO issue and when I called FIDO they said its a google issue. I still have no idea how to recieve this free stand as it was the main reason I bought the pixel 3! 

Very dissapointed in how they are handling this. 

if there are any resolutions please let me know!! 

- Paveena 

Hey pnijjar3! Philippe here. I hope you're doind well. Smiley

We'd be happy to take a look at that with you. Let us know when you're available and we'll send you a PM.

pnijjar3

I'm available anytime! Send me a PM whenever you can 

Hey @pnijjar3

We'll be sending a PM your way.

Talk to you soon! Smiley

Amatrx

Up to this date, still no code or stand in sight...

I called Fido,

I called the fido store where I got my phone,

I did live chat a lot,

I called Google....

I'm in a never ending loop of, it's google problem, no it's fido problem, the date is past, the code are not in the system, the code was in the packaging, the fido store can't help me... I'm also very disapointed by how i'm treated and pushed around by the staff... The staff is always great with me and as soon as I talk about the stand and preorder, the tone change and it's like my fault if I didn't receive my code....

FidoJo1
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Amatrx

I can definitely understand that this situation is not ideal.

We dont mean to give you the runaround, but we assure you that any support on this should be directed to google as the code is supposed to be packaged with the device.

That said, I'll send you a PM to take a closer look at this! 

Amatrx

@FidoJo1 

PM me when you can!

Hey @Amatrx

We sent you a PM.  Talk to you soon! Smiley