Not receiving all text messages!

I'm a Participant Level 2 Sarahb87
I'm a Participant Level 2

Not receiving all text messages!

I had an iphone 6 and upgraded to an LG G5 recently with a new sim card. I have noticed from several different contacts that i am not receiving all of my text messages. I am super frustrated and I have tried turning off the VoLTE and it has not helped. Someone please help!!

Accepted Solution

Re: Not receiving all text messages!

Hi everyone!

LG began to roll out an update to the default messaging in October to fix this issue.

Some of you have mentioned that you're still experiencing issues following the update; can you all confirm that any third party SMS applications are removed, and ensure that your stock messaging app is updated to version 5.30.47.2?

Thanks. Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 229
Former Moderator FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Welcome to the Community @creoledude!

Can you answer the following questions:

-What phone are you using?

-Is it a Fido phone?

-What is the OS running on it?

-Do you use a third party text message application or the one built in the phone?

-Can you check out the storage space you have left?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 136 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 Chris2105

A Fido agent posted that there's a LGG5 SMS app update that should fix the problem of randomly not receiving texts. Does anyone know how to get this update? Thanks.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 137 of 229

Hey @Chris2105 and welcome to our Community Smiley

I've moved your post here, along with the existing thread.

You should be able to get the update for the default messaging app by following these steps:

1. Open Settings
2. Select “General” tab on the settings screen.
3. Scroll down and select “About Phone”.
4. Select “Update center”. (Update Center shows the number of available software and App updates)
5. Select “App Updates”. (App Updates shows the number of available App updates)
6. Messaging update should show up under “APPS TO UPDATE.”

Tell us how it goes!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 138 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 Chris2105

The LGg5 phone says it's already downloaded an update to the default SMS app. Nothing left to update and am still missing texts. Very frustrating!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 139 of 229

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Chris2105!

I'm sending you a PM so we can take a closer look.

Talk to you soon Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 140 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 MichaelJ07

I am having the same issue and have been for awhile. I only got my phone (LGG5) 3 months ago and from the looks of this forum this issue has been known about since the LG G5 came out. I have gone through all of the troubleshooting with your store staff as well as your tech support. I'm not going to send my phone in for repairs basicly because I've read alot stories about people doing that and not one has said that it fixed the issue, in fact they all said it didn't. I would appreciate it if you could help me resolve this issue with my phone (without making me run in circles) or if it is easier, replace my LGG5 with a different phone and different brand of equal value. 

Thank you.

What phone are you using?

- LG G5.

Is it a Fido phone?

- Yes.

What is the Android version?

Do you use a third party text message application or the one built in the phone?

- I have the one built into the phone.

Can you check out the storage space you have left?

- 9GB is available.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 141 of 229

Hey @MichaelJ07

Thank you for all of these details, I'll send you a PM so we can check this out together. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 142 of 229
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Dimo
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Not sure why FIDO continues to torture people on this thread. Read post #117. Follow the advice. Problem solved in 2 minutes. Otherwise you will be in for months of debugging pain for no reason whatsoever...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 143 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 Deanna99

this isn't true. That is exactly the version I have and I am super frustrated at having the same issue...inconsistently receiving less than half my SMS messages. Am now trying the solution found in #117 of this thread... a new text app. 

That isn't the best solution considering most new apps have $$ and ads, which I would like to do without and was fine with the LG G5 stock messaging app. I've been having this problem for MONTHS with several calls to Fido support and NO FIX.

Not happy with the lack of support from Fido at all ... and their seeming lack of attention to sending out a fix for this problem.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 144 of 229
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Dimo
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Just do some homework first. I went with Signal Private Messenger: absolutely free, no ads, and if you set your options appropriately, virtually seamless compared to the default app. Fixed this problem permanently in two minutes. I'm sure it's not the only option.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 145 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 Aromasanta

I wish I've seen this problem with LG5 before getting it. But Im having problems receiving txts from people. It didnt really matter which provider thru are on. I get some of their txt and I dont get some of the txt. I have called fido and was told about an message upgrade. I have fully upgraded the phone, also have done factory setting, changed the sim card. But still have the same problem. Can someone please help me, I dont know what else to do

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 146 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 Aromasanta

Im also currently on this version 50.30.47.2...still having the problem! Fido need to do something about this or stop offering the phone. I just got the phone in november and now stuck with it

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 147 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 1 chelsea27
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have not been receiving the first text message that I receive from anyone since I got this phone 2 months ago. I have called fido 4 times and tried direct chat through their so and have waited for 30+ minutes with no answer every time. Getting fed up paying for a servoce that doesn't work!

Any ideas? Pretty sure I already have the updated version of the messaging ap

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 148 of 229

Hey everyone!

Happy New Year! Very_Happy

The latest update we have on our end is that the default LG Messaging app (version 5.30.47.2) should permanently fix any problems with receiving SMS.

I do understand that for some of you mention still not receiving certain messages and we'd have to take a closer look at your accounts.

Please contact us with specific examples of texts you haven't received and we'll take a look at things! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 149 of 229

Hey @chelsea27!

I moved your post to this thread since it's about the same subject. 

The latest version of the messaging app, the one that should resolve any difficulties with your messaging, is version 5.30.47.2. 

If this is not the version that you have, you will need to update your messaging app. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 150 of 229