Not receiving all text messages!

I'm a Participant Level 2 Sarahb87
I'm a Participant Level 2

Not receiving all text messages!

I had an iphone 6 and upgraded to an LG G5 recently with a new sim card. I have noticed from several different contacts that i am not receiving all of my text messages. I am super frustrated and I have tried turning off the VoLTE and it has not helped. Someone please help!!

Accepted Solution

Re: Not receiving all text messages!

Hi everyone!

LG began to roll out an update to the default messaging in October to fix this issue.

Some of you have mentioned that you're still experiencing issues following the update; can you all confirm that any third party SMS applications are removed, and ensure that your stock messaging app is updated to version 5.30.47.2?

Thanks. Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 229

Hey @Skyegirl

It's never a pleasant situation to experience any kind of technical issues and I definitely get what you're saying, 

It isn't the kind of thing we want and of our customers to have to go through as that is a quite a long time to have this kind of problem. Can you confirm that you've already done the update and using the latest version of the stock messaging App?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 226 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 3 efblanch
I'm a Participant Level 3

Re: Not receiving all text messages

I have been using the stock app ,with my friends knowing now that if I didnt answer then I didnt get it. Certainly doesnt work all the time. Others will use Whats app or Messenger with no problem ( I think). I do not know what the other 3rd party apps are.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 227 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 3 efblanch
I'm a Participant Level 3

I have the stock app and updated version. My contract is up in April and really wondering what to do now.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 228 of 229
Highlighted
Former Moderator FidoGabrielle
Former Moderator

Re: Not receiving all text messages

Thanks for clearing that up @efblanch.

Have you tried the solution offered by @JohnF1444?

Let the community know if it helped!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 229 of 229