cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving all text messages!

Sarahb87
I'm a participant level 2

I had an iphone 6 and upgraded to an LG G5 recently with a new sim card. I have noticed from several different contacts that i am not receiving all of my text messages. I am super frustrated and I have tried turning off the VoLTE and it has not helped. Someone please help!!

230 REPLIES 230

efblanch
I'm a participant level 3

How do I check this?

Why was this not mentioned the 5 times I have previously spoken to customer service over the past year?

Hey @efblanch

The stock messaging App in this case is the one that came with the phone. Is this what you are using? 

If so, can you navigate to the Settings > Apps or (Apps & Notifications) > Select the ``Messages`` App. You should be able to see the version in the App's info at the bottom. 

Can you give this a try and let us know what you see? 

efblanch

Yes , thanks,both stock messanging app and updated (as number shown above.)

Still doesnt work.

FidoJo1
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @efblanch

Have you noticed the same difficulty using a third party App? 

efblanch

I have been using the stock app ,with my friends knowing now that if I didnt answer then I didnt get it. Certainly doesnt work all the time. Others will use Whats app or Messenger with no problem ( I think). I do not know what the other 3rd party apps are.

JohnF1444
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Hello

Please scroll back to any previous post - there are 222 of them...this issues goes back for at least 2 years!

Stop using the stock / default messaging app.

Install ANY third-party messaging app. Many users seem to have success with Textra.

Install it, make it your default messaging app. You cannot delete the stock app. Just hide it or ignore it.

Problem solved...

Thanks for clearing that up @efblanch.

Have you tried the solution offered by @JohnF1444?

Let the community know if it helped!

Hey efblanch!

Welcome to the Community!

I've moved your post to this thread since it is related to the same subject. 

You can find more info about the fix for this in the solution above. 

Could you confirm that you are using the stock messaging app and the version number?

Skyegirl
I'm a contributor level 1

I have to back John here on everything he says about what has transpired with the problem with his wife's phone. LG and Fido had me jumping through hoops, I can't tell you how much time I wasted on this issue for six months before I saw John's solution and downloaded Textra. I was lied to constantly by LG and misled by Fido. I returned a brand new phone to LG twice  and ended up with a reconditioned phone because no one would take ownership for what was going on. The worst experience! Fido needs to understand how used we feel as customers. I would like to see Fido reach out privately to all customers who have had this problem. Why did they bother issuing ticket numbers to people thru your call centre last year and say they would be contacting us when the problem was rectified? I've never heard from Fido customer service  on this and they assured me they would. Your calls are recorded......have a listen to my call history and you may understand why we are feeling the way we are in this forum. I feel I was treated very poorly.

Hi @Skyegirl, we hear you loud and clear and we thank you for letting us in on your experience. We appreciate any opportunity that allows us to improve our services, so I will be sure your feedback gets to the right people. 

McKimmy

I am so upset....I have been having the same issue as everyone else my LG 5G.  Only receiving some messages.  To hear that all these customers have the same issue and Fido knows about.  I feel like I have been conned into getting a **bleep** phone that I will now be stuck with for almost 2 more years!!  And yes I have tried everything suggested in this thread. 

JohnF1444
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

@McKimmy

Did you try installing a third-party app instead of the default messaging one that came with the phone?

I've had success with one named Textra off the App Store. I think others have as well.

John

Hey @McKimmy!

Welcome to the community!

I can definitely understand that not receiving your messages can be frustrating!  I'll send you a PM soon so that we can figure out what's going on! Smiley

AmberR

Ive read the previous topics on the same issue, but they are from last year. I have an LG G5 that I despise, and for the past few months I assumed I was receiving all texts messages but apparently I'm not. I may get 1 or 2 out if multiple. My phone just updated 2 days ago, everythings up to date, no I'm not moving to lower service areas, I turn my phone off to give it a rest. This is really annoying as I text alot of the time for work and miss out on shifts.

JohnF1444
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Hello Amber

Do yourself a favour and REPLACE YOUR STOCK MESSGING APP. Install ANY other messaging app from the the Play Store. Many, including myself have had success with Textra. It is free and works ALL THE TIME.

I've had quite the animated discussions with Fido'everyone' and its the same old story. Save yourself greif, pain, stress, trouble and the frustration...replace the app. You can thank me later.

@fido: Waht is the definition of 'insanity'? Do the same thing and expect different results! This is sad. And please do NOT PM me in any way. Thanks.

Bobthesnake

I would just like to let the user know that even if my wife is using TEXTRA, some text messages are still not being received.

I am not using textra and I just learned that I dont received about 10 % of my text.

IMO, stay away from LG G5

Edit : We did all the factory reset, network reset, try another sim card, Messenging app is up to the latest version.

Hey AmberR!

Welcome to the Community!

I have moved your post to this thread since it's about the same thing.

I know your phone is up-to-date, but, have you checked your messaging app? As per LG, it needs to be updated to version 5.30.47.2.

AmberR

Yes it's already at 5.30.47.2.

Hey @AmberR,

Thanks for getting back to us!

I'll send you a PM shortly to further check this out.

Hey @John1444

This is definitely not the experience that we want you to have with your phone.

Let's take a look at your account 

I'm sending you a PM. Talk to you soon.

JohnF1444
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Hello @FidoKenny

I also sent you a private message...

This is a public issue, in a public community forum. I'll keep our discussions that way.

Your suggestions do not seem to fix any of their issues. I know mine have.

We'll keep it public.

Thanks.