Not receiving all text messages!

I'm a Participant Level 2 Sarahb87
I'm a Participant Level 2

Not receiving all text messages!

I had an iphone 6 and upgraded to an LG G5 recently with a new sim card. I have noticed from several different contacts that i am not receiving all of my text messages. I am super frustrated and I have tried turning off the VoLTE and it has not helped. Someone please help!!

Accepted Solution

Re: Not receiving all text messages!

Hi everyone!

LG began to roll out an update to the default messaging in October to fix this issue.

Some of you have mentioned that you're still experiencing issues following the update; can you all confirm that any third party SMS applications are removed, and ensure that your stock messaging app is updated to version 5.30.47.2?

Thanks. Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 229

Hey @Lilysmart and thanks for reaching out.

Did you try to restart your phone to see if you can get a better result?

Also, do you have enough signal where you are located now? 

Let us know.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 181 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 1 Rdickhughes
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi,

My messages app is updated to 5.30.47.2, and I'm still not receiving all messages. Any suggestions?

Rachel

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 182 of 229
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Skyegirl
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Just download the texting app called Textra. Fido will just have you jumping through hoops....do this, do that. Nothing works. Not worth your time.  Textra works great.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 183 of 229

Hey @Rdickhughes

Welcome to the Community!

You can definitely contact us regarding this so we have a look at this with you Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 184 of 229
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

hello,

Take a few minutes and read thru the other 180 or so posts to this topic. It has been diagnosed and troubleshooted adsausem...going on 2 years and problem still exists!

Save yourself any further greif and frustration.  Just download any 3rd party messaging app off of the Play store.Textra works great and solves this issue for many others.. Fido will just have you jumping through hoops....do this, do that. Nothing works. Not worth your time.  Textra works great. Stock messaging app is buggy.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 185 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 1 KateH29
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi there,

So at the very end of November I decided to leave the world of iPhones and move to android and i got an LG G5. and I also am new to fido, i switched from Rogers.

However, it was discovered in December my phone is not receiving messages. I have made many phone calls for help. done all the possible resets you can and even got a new sim card in store...however, i am still having issues but every time i call in about it i am told my phone is working fine if i receive even just one message...

this is getting very frustrating for me. i work more then one job and if people are unable to get in touch with me its a problem.

can this be fixed...like ASAP.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 186 of 229

Hey KateH29!

Welcome to the Community! 

I moved your post here since it's about the same subject.

You can find more information you need about how to correct this above, in the solution. 

Let us know if you have any questions!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 187 of 229

I'm sorry, are you saying, fidoAmanda, that this situation has been resolved?

You are still getting customers saying the opposite and still having issues.

Can you actually say there is a SOLUTION?

You can read my history on here. One unhappy customer. I refuse to waste time and mess around with your app until I stop seeing people having issues.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 188 of 229

Hey @Skyegirl!

With the updates we have from LG, text messages should be working as expected with app version 5.30.47.2 which LG rolled out in October.

We do want our customers to have reliable service though, if issues are still being experience we suggest reaching out so we can take a closer look.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 189 of 229
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

@FidoNick

I have been in IT and tech support for probably longer than you've been alive...Not saying i'm any brighter, but I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two. :Cool:

Words to live by...

What *should* work and what *does* work are 2 completely different concepts.

Especially when it comes to software. And on a phone to boot! There are sooo many variables, conditions, releases, versions, dozens of competing apps that pinning down an issue is near impossible. And this thread is proof of that!

I have been following this thread for over 2 years now. My wife's brand new LG phone had the same problem experienced by everyone else on this thread. It took me all of 45 minutes to isolate the issue to the native messaging app supplied by LG. How to test my theory? I replaced the stock app and texted my wife. Hasn't failed since! And this same conclusion has helped many others on this thread.

Yes, LG may have supplied a fix but it is clear that it DOES NOT WORK. You and the other MODS have repeated your solution adnauseam to every new poor user. And your suggestion?? Always the same. Tell me, what is the definition of insanity?? Have YOU tried it?? Pretty sure, Fido can supply you with an LG G5 for you to test with. If not, I have one I gladly offer up to the cause. Pretty sure, there are many others as well.

So please, stop. Just stop. Admit defeat on this one. Regardless of what the 'company line' is. You stand a better chance of keeping that customer than losing them altogether.

Another rule to live by: Keep a customer happy, they tell a friend. Keep a customer unhappy and they tell EVERYONE!  IMO, the way FIDO has handled this issue, will cause you to lose each and every one that is forced to endure this BS on a phone and service they pay very good money for.

Chances are, they won't be renewing with Fido and definitely avoid LG altogether the next time around.

Regards,

John

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 190 of 229

Hey @John1444

This is definitely not the experience that we want you to have with your phone.

Let's take a look at your account 

I'm sending you a PM. Talk to you soon.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 191 of 229
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Hello @FidoKenny

I also sent you a private message...

This is a public issue, in a public community forum. I'll keep our discussions that way.

Your suggestions do not seem to fix any of their issues. I know mine have.

We'll keep it public.

Thanks.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 192 of 229

I have to back John here on everything he says about what has transpired with the problem with his wife's phone. LG and Fido had me jumping through hoops, I can't tell you how much time I wasted on this issue for six months before I saw John's solution and downloaded Textra. I was lied to constantly by LG and misled by Fido. I returned a brand new phone to LG twice  and ended up with a reconditioned phone because no one would take ownership for what was going on. The worst experience! Fido needs to understand how used we feel as customers. I would like to see Fido reach out privately to all customers who have had this problem. Why did they bother issuing ticket numbers to people thru your call centre last year and say they would be contacting us when the problem was rectified? I've never heard from Fido customer service  on this and they assured me they would. Your calls are recorded......have a listen to my call history and you may understand why we are feeling the way we are in this forum. I feel I was treated very poorly.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 193 of 229

Hi @Skyegirl, we hear you loud and clear and we thank you for letting us in on your experience. We appreciate any opportunity that allows us to improve our services, so I will be sure your feedback gets to the right people. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 194 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 AmberR
I'm a Participant Level 2

Ive read the previous topics on the same issue, but they are from last year. I have an LG G5 that I despise, and for the past few months I assumed I was receiving all texts messages but apparently I'm not. I may get 1 or 2 out if multiple. My phone just updated 2 days ago, everythings up to date, no I'm not moving to lower service areas, I turn my phone off to give it a rest. This is really annoying as I text alot of the time for work and miss out on shifts.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 195 of 229